Bug... or something in Vela

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
muzungu_07
Initiate

Bug... or something in Vela

Post by muzungu_07 »

So i'm stuck on the original quest in Vela after i got the note that said who i am and that my brother may be there. I went and explored all of Vela and didnt find anything. The only thing that gave me a lead was the building with the cauldren and supposed man alive on a torture rack, who really isnt in the building. I brought this up in the discussion bored and we decided it was probably a bug that needs looked at
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

not a bug, and been addressed here. http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... ht=brother
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I am really surprised this is broken on the Mac version- I thought for sure I had fixed this. :?
js12090
Pledge

Post by js12090 »

Will there be a patch for this? Or should we follow the instructions to redo the Vela map?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We'll try to get this issue fixed for good in the next patch, but for those who already encountered it, resetting Vela is recommended.

Official instructions for resetting Vela:

1) Leave Vela and save your game in either Baron's Thicket or Blackwater area.
2) Exit the game, go to the save game slot that you just saved to, and delete these three files: "22.map", "22.opq", and "22.ent"
3) Restart the game, and load your last save. Now when you return to Vela, it should be reset.