lowest level you beat the game at?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.

Lowest level you beat the game

Poll ended at January 7th, 2008, 9:11 pm

15+
58%
12-14
25%
9-11
8%
less than 9
8%
too good to level lol
No votes

Total votes: 12

greg0828
Initiate

lowest level you beat the game at?

Post by greg0828 »

I beat it first time at level 12....could have beat it even sooner. All armor enchanted to +3 with 2 rings of assassin for +5 hit +2 damage each. Got the divine ore sword too. With just 20 str and 10 sword skill I had 63 armor and did 40 melee damage and 35 to hit. I was originally playing as a mage and ended up with 30 int. Started the game with 28...Even with my low stats and skill as a warrior I ended up having 98% chance to hit and 2% chance to be hit. Being a destropyer was easy with that even with my 60 hp max lol.
confused1
Apprentice

Post by confused1 »

While reading that all your stats sounded good until I saw the 60 max hp! My mage already has like 70ish and I'm only level 9.
If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of men.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

:lol: I can't vote yet, haven't finished one game yet. Started PC, then beta testing Mac and now playing bought version..okay same character as in beta test but my time has been limited recently. Getting close to the end and am 11th level at the moment. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
greg0828
Initiate

Post by greg0828 »

I didnt get endurance unitl mid game and only got it up to 20 lol. With all amor enchanted and only a 2% chance to hit me I only needed 1 potion to get the title of destroyer. That's with 60hp...
Amazadh Kristeopolous
Apprentice

Post by Amazadh Kristeopolous »

Just finished my first game, I played as a mage. I found it very enjoyable overall, except the end was rather sudden, and a little disappointing!!

Level = 14; HP = 79; Mana = 144

Stats:
Str=16; Dex=21; End=20; Spd=14; Int=30; Wis=20; Per=24; Con=19

Equipment:
Thinking Cap; Priest's Cloak; Diamond Studded Jerkin; Studded Leather Boots; Zen Amulet; Ring of Sparks; Ring of Vigor; Adamantine Dagger.

I had most of the available spells in my 'book'. I found 'Compress Air' one of the most useful, and used it throughout the final battle. Also extremely useful against undead!
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes..."
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

I've just finished the game, made level 16 right before the end. I know this isn't the thread for it, but thanks Basilisk Games for making this little gem. :D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I just finished at 17th level. I'm going back to where I saved it before confronting the 'shaman' and do some things differently. Then I will start over with a different class. No more nice, nice. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Ameefmu
Initiate

Post by Ameefmu »

Level - 13
HP - 79, Mana - 38

Str-22 · Dex-26 · End-17 · Spe-23 · Int-12 · Wis-15 · Per-7 · Con-16
Hide in shadows-10 · Move silently-9 · Bow weapons-18
99% to hit, 55% to be hit from the Spire Guards, haven't been hit very often before that.

Equipment: SteelFullHelm+2, AssassinsArrows(13), CloakOfTheShadow+2, BloodlustAmulet, DiamondStuddedJerkin+3, RecurvedCompositeGreatbow+2Hit&Damage, WarlordsPlatedBelt, RangerLordsMithrilBracers, 2xRingOfTheAssassin, MithrilStuddedLeggings+2, Diamond-EdgeLongSword+2Hit&Damage, ThievesSoftenedLeatherBoots+2.

I was a 'Stealth Ranger' Hunting at night with predator sight.
Therefore, the last fight was horribly difficult for me since there were no shadows in the whole Spire.
So i was nice, settled back wondering what would happen after the end cinematic...
Turns out that
[+] SPOILER
What is an Ameefmu?
Riverstone
Initiate

Post by Riverstone »

Just completed it at 13 although as soon as I place the Crux I hit 14. Very enjoyable although I do agree the ending came up way before I was expecting it to.
Siglature! Blessed Sartan!