Book II - The Journey Begins

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Book II - The Journey Begins

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Just a quick note to all our fans that Book II development is underway as of today. The designers of Book I are gathered in the studio for the next 2 days and we are hammering out changes/updates for the next game.

This is not an official announcement for Book II...we will unveil details of the game sometime next summer. We are estimating a 12-18 month production cycle.

Don't bother to ask questions because I don't have any answers (yet :wink:). It's still too early to say this or that is going to be in Book II. We are mostly looking over the posts made to this forum and we are going to see just how many of your suggestions can make it into the game. We also have another game (not in the Eschalon series) that we will unveil at a later date which is getting blueprinted today as well.

As always, thanks for your support!
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Great News !!!

Sending lots of good energy to make these months become mere weeks ;-)

Keep up the good work... we are all waiting for Book II....

Cheers
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Xex
Apprentice

Post by Xex »

Great stuff. :)

Hopefully you can at leaqst tell us which engine you are using...(i.e. the same as Book 1 or modified/tinkered)
Athanasius
Initiate

Post by Athanasius »

Fantastic! You really revived the homey feeling of nostalgia with Book I. And please try to stick to the 12 month production cycle! ;-)
chamr
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by chamr »

Hurray! Can we take this as you officially making enough money with Book I to be confident you'll be able to deliver Book II? Or are things still speculative at this point?
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Good news. :)
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

Sounds great -- I'm looking forward to it. :)

This does make me want to ask, though, whether you're still planning to finish Book I. You've referred to at least two uncompleted quest arcs (vaults and lighthouse/boat) which I'd really love to see come to fruition. Please do keep working on those!
"What you embrace is what you become."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Siemova wrote:This does make me want to ask, though, whether you're still planning to finish Book I. You've referred to at least two uncompleted quest arcs (vaults and lighthouse/boat) which I'd really love to see come to fruition. Please do keep working on those!
Yes, we are. We've run into some technical hurdles which we hope to clear up as we begin updating Book I's engine to support Book II's new features, which may delay any additional Book I content a bit.
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Yes, we are. We've run into some technical hurdles which we hope to clear up as we begin updating Book I's engine to support Book II's new features, which may delay any additional Book I content a bit.
Okay, thanks! I'm glad to hear it. :)
"What you embrace is what you become."
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Yes that would be nice.. I would love to be able to ride this little boat too...
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
SnorriHT
Initiate

Post by SnorriHT »

Thanks for the update. Book I is a polished product, and I'm happy to wait until Book II is just as good, if not better!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Excellent news, I am very glad to hear this.

This may sound like a weird thing to say but....I am glad you take everyone's opinions on this here board into account for making book II, but I also hope that if you have your own creative vision for the next game like you did with this one you will run with it and not try and please everyone. Although we still wanna be pleased :lol: :shock:
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

I don't think it is the slightest bit weird. The one thing that stands out about EB I, is the consistency of the design. So many RPGs these days try to please so many people that they don't do anything very well.
confused1
Apprentice

Post by confused1 »

I can't wait to hear more about when this will come out! I am not finished with Book I seeing as how I need one more key and am doing sidequests. Maybe for when Book II is released you could make a package deal for all the newcomers. OR something I don't know.
If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of men.