Command-Click In Chargen & Esc Key in Sales

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
hekele
Initiate

Command-Click In Chargen & Esc Key in Sales

Post by hekele »

Two issues I came across in this game:

Command-click doesn't work properly in chargen to remove a skill or lower a skill-level once added. I've never come across something where command-click worked in some parts of an application and not in others, but it seems to here. Works fine for info and for spell casting and all other noted uses of right-click. Just not in the initial character generation screen. It works fine on the same screen when leveling-up.

Secondly, I found it disconcerting that hitting 'esc' on a merchant's offer to purchase things resulted in their purchasing them rather than a 'never-mind' - sold a few things by mistake that way!

Awesome game, though, and thrilled that it was released for Mac so quickly after Windows.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I do know that this is broken and I am looking to fix it.

One thing- I thought the simulated "right-button click" on a Mac with a single-button mouse was CTRL-click, not Command-Click. I just want to make sure the function is uniform.
hekele
Initiate

Post by hekele »

No, you're quite right. Past my bedtime when I was posting. ;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Okay, well you're still right in that it is bugged, but at least I know the key configuration is correct.
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

So, is there any way to take back a point on the level up or character creation screens once it is added to a skill? I can't seem to do so.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

Yup, just right-click on the skill in the list on the left. Works for me, anyway!
"What you embrace is what you become."
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Nope, it doesn't work, either with Command+click or Control+click. All it does is add another point to the skill until a maximum of 5 is reached.

I think this is a serious bug because it can really mess you up after you have finally gotten a good stats roll when creating your character. The only way to take the points back is to start over.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
Laudimir
Apprentice

Post by Laudimir »

I have no problems with a 2-button mouse, though. Try shift-clicking, just in case.
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Okay, it seems that Control-click (or the mouse button assigned to it) does work sometimes, very sporadically. It just as often adds a skill point as takes it off. But with persistence, I can eventually get the points removed. Still buggy, but not disastrous.

@Laudimir: Adding the Shift Key to Click or Control+click didn't seem to matter either way, but that was a good suggestion, since I hadn't tried it yet.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe