FORUMS ARE BACK!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

FORUMS ARE BACK!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Everyone:

Our deepest apologies...the forums were sacked tonight and we have no idea what happened. The investigation will continue as to the cause, but at least for now we're back up. A few people have emailed us with concerns over the safety of the game- don't worry! These forums are hosted offsite on a separate server. No computer in the studio was affected.

The biggest problem is that our last forum database backup was over two weeks ago, so we lost a few accounts and some posts!! :oops: We have learned our lesson and will do backups more frequently.

As you can see, we also lost our color scheme after the restore, so it'll be a few days before we get that back.

Again, we're very sorry!
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Wow tough luck.. Hope you will find whos resposible and put them to justice!!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

This looks to have been caused by a failed update from earlier in the evening. Long story short is I updated the forums software but didn't have the smarts to back-up the database first, and since I work from multiple computers I didn't immediately check on the success of the update from the computer I performed the update from (hey, it seemed like a flawless automated process every other time I did it!) :? Apparently the update failed to complete itself and subsequent forum activity caused the database to crumble.

Live and learn. :oops: We now have safety measures in place to prevent this from happening again.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Testing...

We will be playing around with different forum skins (again) for the next couple weeks, so if you log on and see some odd graphics here and there just ignore them.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

New graphics and color scheme finished today- you may need to clear out your browser's cache to load new icons. Please report any anomalies. Thanks!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Crap.

I just realized that we lost everyone's avatars when restoring the forums. :x I can't possibly apologize enough for the hassle this has caused....
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

Mine was one of the accounts deleted!! :P no big deal. I like the new forum look.
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Liking the new colour and graphic scheme! Very nice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Grayth
Initiate

Post by Grayth »

Glad to see the forums back!

I've been lurking a bit. Good to see the progress! Looking forward to a game that isn't as complicated as a lot of them out there today.

Keep it simple!

Thanks for all your work.

Grayth
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Uhh new skin :) Looks nice, great work :) Though it was your own fault you had to do it :P
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. :wink:
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I like the new skin. It's unusual, but classy.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. :wink:
Thats what im here for :P