Betatester

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Sanctus
Marshall

Betatester

Post by Sanctus »

I mailed you many times asking if I could be a BetaTester and you always said that I will be but later
Now when will I be abe to do it?
I really wanth to play it and most to help you find bugs and find things that need to be adjusted
PLEASE LET ME BE A BETA TESTER
I also work on Blitzmax and woud know from where some bugs would apear
Oh and btw I also do graphics in 3D Max r8
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I thought I recognized that groveling! :D

We have had literally a hundred requests from people wanting to help test the game, and I apologize to anyone that has been waiting on a response from us. The reaction we’ve gotten on this project is incredible and it has been very hard to keep on top of everything.

Right now we are still working with a closed team for the internal tests. When the game hits beta, we will put a sign-up link on the website and hand select a dozen lucky people to play the game through for us.
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

Yes but can u send a email to the ones on the forum so that the know?
Oh and u really don't have to apolagies(did I spell ok?)
Last edited by Sanctus on August 16th, 2006, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Definitely!
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

THX dude u'r da best :D
DoberMann
Initiate

Post by DoberMann »

Let the first 12 member on the forum be the beta testers ;)
Of course without the team members of the project.
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

Thats not right....maybe the first ones (some) even forgot about the game
its about how much do u wanth
Like it will be a email and u'll jave to go somewhere and register
I'll check the forum every day so... I hope I wonth miss it(I also check my mail 4-5 times a day)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I know we have to wait, but I wouldn't mind being a beta tester for Mac version. I've done it before on smaller rpg games and my son is a beta tester for Spiderweb Software games so could give me good advice (being 61 years old, I sometimes need it where computers are concerned. LOL!)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
mytgroo
Steward

Betatesting timetable.

Post by mytgroo »

I have no interest in being a betatester. I would like to know how long you plan to test the game in real terms. There are betatesters. But, is there a finished schedule on when the game will be released. I would like to see a game soon. No Poe syndrome allowed. Don't answer all the fan mail, it kills the writers.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

There is no schedule for this game. We tried to have a "schedule" when we first started and found out that schedules suck. We are making the best game we can and we are doing everything we can to get it done sooner rather than later. But we won't cut corners and we won't release it before we tested it inside and out.
Paranoid Jack
Pledge

Post by Paranoid Jack »

That being said, at what stage do you think you are at? Still adding content or just polishing/testing the content you have now?

edit: And this is just my opinion but just picking the first twelve members or the first twelve applicants is not a good idea. The developers probably know this as well as most of us but you want well rounded people who have experience, people who have sufficient time and desire to beta-test, and those people need to be able to communicate properly and must be willing to spend the time necessary to report bugs properly no matter how big or small the bug may be (unless you have a program built to auto-send that info to you). Just picking your first twelve fan-bios is a noble gesture toward the community members but will not generate the best testing possibly. Just my two cents.... :wink:
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

True but... I'll sacrifice even 6 hours a day if its needed!!!!!!!!!!
+ that I am betatester for the games I make ^^(and we both make the in bmax so I might know where some error s come from)
May the sky never fall on your head
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Personally, I'd rather wait and play the finished game than be a bug-hunter. It'd be like ruining Christmas, seeing what you're going to get but it's not put together yet ;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Paranoid Jack: First of all, no, we will not be automatically choosing the first 12 members to beta test the game. The semi-public beta test will be done through a sign up procedure where we will try to hand-pick the best possible testers based on certain factors.

What stage we are at: nearing insanity! :wink: Naw, seriously- we are still working on content (mostly just “late game” stuff). The game is feature complete, but these features are still undergoing modification based on results from our internal tests. Internal testing happens regularly to make sure everything stays in check. Polishing has been an ongoing thing (as noted by the recent GUI updates we made based on forum suggestions!). Play balancing is going to be a very big part of the remaining development time.

So, we've still got a little ways to go. As soon as we feel we can give everyone a solid release date, we will. :)
Paranoid Jack
Pledge

Post by Paranoid Jack »

Sounds like you are balancing and/or insuring the fun factor is there at this point... adding what you can to make it a well rounded game. Good to hear.

I look forward to seeing the final product and will most likely sign up for a beta spot if I am not to busy at the time. Even though I haven't read enough about your game it still seems like something I may be interested in since it has a quasi-turn-base style to it.

What other game(s) have had that? I remember playing one a while back that was round/turn-based that required a click or choice of options to continue onto the next turn and if you clicked continuously the game never paused.

Either way good to see another great looking "indie" game studio hard at work. Cheers!