Infinite bees. Lilith. Steroids. (v1.04)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
KZK
Pledge

Infinite bees. Lilith. Steroids. (v1.04)

Post by KZK »

So I walk up on the heart lake thing, go into lilith's house, get the quest, leave lilith's house, head on down to the intersection, and suddenly I find myself waylaid by thousands of infinitely spawning bees (Hive Drones). Everytime i kill some, more appear. Sometimes i can see multiple bees on the same floor tile as other bees, effectively overlapping eachother making it look like there's a mega olympic steroid bee with 6 wings. So essentially I am trapped here... not sure where to go at this point and i don't have any backup saves to revert to. At first i was tempted to abuse this bug, but then i realized i would spend hours killing these bees and i wouldn't really get vvery far.

60xp per bee. 10,000 more xp to level-up. 10,000 / 60 = 167 bees to kill.
Seeing as how i can only kill maybe 4 or 5 at a time, it's not very efficient, I suppose.

I can, however, use lilith's house as refuge, since they cannot open doors. The bookshelf inside also functions as a quick way to restore mana if you are close enough to it. Perhaps it is a container that I cannot access yet. I am led to this theory by the fact that when clicked at a distance it does nothing, but within close proximity, it acts essentially as resting passively as if I hit the space bar. This can be quite efficiently abused since I can click probably 5 times faster than i can hit the space bar.

As a sidenote, is there a master list of skills that describes what happens at each skill level? I have realized that meditation only functions when camping and currently having higher elemental magic levels for me is useless (level 15).
moneo
Initiate

Post by moneo »

I also have the infinite bee problem in north tanglewood - how do I stop this?!?! is it possible to kill them all?
moneo
Initiate

Post by moneo »

Turns out that it is. Eventually I killed them all. It was terribly boring but I probably gained an entire level!