What are you currently playing?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
blatherbeard
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by blatherbeard » June 8th, 2018, 10:12 am

I loved grim dawn, need to get back to it as wehn i played it was still under development.

Wife bought us a ps4 because she wanted Detroit Become Human, so i bought Horizon Zero Dawn. Probably one of the best purchases of a game ive bought for a console in a long time. 30 bucks, very fun, graphics are insane. Even being someone who cant usually play with a controller, i do ok with this one.

It kind of plays like Far Cry gameplay wise, so since i love that series its probably why i get into the gameplay pretty easily. And the story is super interesting.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.

CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie » June 21st, 2018, 2:55 pm

The Steam Summer Sale is live.... noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can't.... Stop.... Buying games.... :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom » July 31st, 2018, 10:54 am

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 1:11 pm
Right now I'm playing Hollow Knight and more than 30 hours in. The atmosphere and exploration is great. The beginning could have done with a bit of story though as you're just dumped on the outskirts of a village and have no idea what you're doing.
I find the end of this paragraph amusing since I've completed the game. Subtle storytelling, you can reach the first ending with only knowing the very basics of the story. The last free content pack is coming on the 23rd of August which I'm looking forward to.

Couple of weeks ago I played Sonic Mania - Encore DLC which I found disappointing. Encore mode is basically the levels from Sonic Mania with a new colour palette and life system with a few modifications to the levels of which I am hard pressed to remember. There is no new boss at the end if you collect all the chaos emeralds, even though it is teased if you reach the end without getting them all.

My favourite addition is the character Ray and his flying ability which is different from Tails. The new special stages in encore mode are harder than the actual game! This DLC could have done with some new zones, a minute on Angel Island and a different first act to Mirage Saloon isn't enough. I'd wait for a sale although I suppose £3.99 isn't much these days.

Right now I'm playing Tower of Time and I like it. The game doesn't seem to be very well graphically optimized though, as I've had to turn the settings down in-game. I also get a couple of seconds pause sometimes when navigating through some of the menus which is odd. I don't think English is their first language either which adds to the charm to the dialogue but there are quite a number of spelling and grammar mistakes but they are easily fixed.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I