Torch burns out but no encumbrance change?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
kdorian
Initiate

Torch burns out but no encumbrance change?

Post by kdorian »

I was wandering through the Crypt and ran into my character's encumbrance limit (hadn't visited the stores in a while, and most everything I was finding was heavy). I fiddled with the inventory a bit, got down to .1 below my max, and headed for the exit so I could go to town and sell some stuff.

On my way to the exit the torch I was using burned out, and I lit another. But when I looked, I was still .1 below my max, not .3

Not a major issue, but I took a quick look through the forums for "torches" posts and didn't see this mentioned.
The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing. - Archilochos
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Hmm...I could see that happening. Weight totals are recalc'd every time you remove or add something to inventory...but the torch function is handled differently and the system doesn't recalc weight when a torch burns itself out.

Your total weight would be recalculated properly if, after a torch burns out, your pick something up from your inventory and set it back down again. The system would recalculate your total inventory weight, including your reduced torch count.
kdorian
Initiate

Post by kdorian »

Aha! OK, that makes sense - I'll remember that and do a quick drop-pick up with a handy chest next time, thanks!
The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing. - Archilochos
Krafen
Council Member

Post by Krafen »

I'm not positive, but it sounds like you don't even need to put something in a chest. Just click on it in your inventory so it attaches to your cursor, then click again to put it back in your inventory.