Traveling with Eschalon

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
CobraEye
Apprentice

Traveling with Eschalon

Post by CobraEye »

I travel for a week or so at a time, and would like to be able to take a current Eschalon game with me. Obviously the easiest solution is to play the game exclusively on my Mac Book Pro while at home and away, but I prefer to play on my 24-inch iMac at home given the larger screen and my aging eyes.

Is there a way to take a saved game from the iMac, put it on the Mac Book Pro, play it while traveling, and then put it back on the iMac once I am home?

If so, which file(s) should I move?

Thanks for your help!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Traveling with Eschalon

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If you just copy the Eschalon Saved Games folder from the Documents folder on your iMac to the Documents folder on your MacBook Pro, that should do the job (and copy back when you get home).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CobraEye
Apprentice

Post by CobraEye »

Thanks! I'll give that a shot this coming week.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Also been trough this with my Desktop PC, and my Laptop which is pretty slow :cry:

What I did to save the time of copying the full directory is quicksave and copied only Slot1 and replaced it in the other computer.

The only problem I found was the following:

I finished the game on my Desktop, then copied Slot 1 took it to the Laptop and continued triying other posibilities. Later I Started a new game in my Desktop, with a new character and so... copied Slot 1, overwrited on my Laptop, and whe I opened the game my character had the maps of areas I ahd not been to, had solved some quests I did not solve, and had opened secret chests, and secret doors, and all chests were empty...... very disapointing, but i realized it is because I did not erase the Slot 1 Folder on the Laptop before copying the one form the desktop, so the files got all mixed up, and I had to start over again. (Was going to be away for a pretty long time and did not want to wait until I got back)

So be careful with that issue