Great game-just need some advice/help!

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
longsword
Pledge

Great game-just need some advice/help!

Post by longsword »

Hi,

First up, this is an excellent game-really enjoying it-best I've played since Realms of Arkania!

Just be glad of some help though...first major issue is I can't seem to get down to the Salted Coast, just keep hitting rounded edges I can't pass, and the paths seem to just end with no transit points. I did buy the full version via Plimus. Only thing I noticed that the download file I got, when I looked at properties had a "block" on it. This was after I had installed. Could this have caused the problem? I think I have Windows set up to initially block files by deault. The file I got was a 100 meg install.

My only other bugbear right now is pulling the second lever you find in the dungeon in Elderhollow where you start-get a message that an iron gate has moved, but the only closed one I can see hasn't.

Any help much appreciated by a UK Noob!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Great game-just need some advice/help!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Hey, Longsword,

Welcome to the world of Eschalon addicts. You might be better off posting this in the general discussion section, as those of us who don't play on Windows machines often don't check here.

As for the gates moving, sometimes they are not all that close to where you are. Be assured, that opened up a passage that you needed opened to complete the quest (if you haven't found the quest yet, you have to go to Airidell).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
longsword
Pledge

Post by longsword »

Hi Kreador,

Guess I'm just a little rusty with RPGs now. Sorted out both problems with a bit of patience (not as easy when you have a streaming cold!)

Tough little cellar that one, and the Thugs on the Salt Coast were a handful, but in the clear now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Basilisk have produced a brilliant game here- only found it by luck on a turn based RPG search in Google!

Longsword :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

longsword wrote:only found it by luck on a turn based RPG search in Google!
That's why it is so critical for fans to spread the word about our games on other forums, blogs, myspace pages, etc. We live or die based on viral advertising.

And welcome, Longsword!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.