Where to find rare spells lvl 3 tier

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
eternalightwithin
Pledge

Where to find rare spells lvl 3 tier

Post by eternalightwithin »

So I reload chest in blackmire that I know has high treasure table and I reload the magic vendor and like I can't get supernova, mass boil, or dehex? Like two hours of click click reload. I mean Charm, portal, and inivisible spells are like chocolate in willy wonka's factory. Those 3 spells I mentioned... nada.
The blackmire vendor did sell me supernova once, earlier in the game, but then AVG was doing something weird and corrupted all my saved games continuously for like 3 hours till I disabled it. Good thing I backuped up the save game directory.... Unfortunately that was before I got supernova. :evil: :cry:

Really wished Eruber gave you a choice instead of fireball. Fireball?!? I mean that is like everywhere!

BasiliskWrangler, is there some type of treasure code that is tied to lvl? Because when I first started out the vendors had low lvl spells. and now they have high lvl spells and potions, and lots of cool magical stuff to wear.
I went back to avendale and was like wtf when the magic vendor girl showed my portal, Fireball, charm, and something else.

David (Who really wants his supernova, mass boil, and dehex.)
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Where to find rare spells lvl 3 tier

Post by Randomizer »

Treasures and store inventories are adjusted to current player level. Stories replace inventory about once a game week so go rest and check back since it's all random.

I finished my game without ever seeing mass boil or dehex.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Don't go to the Blackwater spell/potion vendor - go to the Backwater Guild Leader, Siam.

IIRC, Siam always has 3-4 Tier 3 spells for sale (top left of the inventory) - I think he always has Supernova, Dehex and Portal(?) (and I can't remember what else - Smite, maybe?) for sale.

The hardest spells to get a hold of are things like the Charm and Chameleon spells - their popping up is always random, as no vendor has them on 'permanent' inventory.
woem
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by woem »

Exactly, Siam has both the divine and the arcane tier 3 spells.