Problem with giant's head quest

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
AlexH
Initiate

Problem with giant's head quest

Post by AlexH »

So I visited Erubor in Shadowmirk, and he told me to find my brother in Vela. The problem is, my brother was killed during the fight. Now I can't get the "retrieve the giant chieftain's head" quest. I went to Baron's Thicket and got the giant's head, but the giant leader won't talk to me. I remember from my last game that the giant leader gives you the quest, but what is the prerequisite condition that will make him give me the quest? What should I do?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Problem with giant's head quest

Post by Randomizer »

Have you gone to the Underground Repository? That might put you on track.

The giant head quest is for asking for the goblin key that Erubor quests you to get. If you can't get the quest chain then there is a topic on getting a 4th goblin key that will allow you to finish the game.

Actually now that I think about it you can just take the giant's goblin key and lose the experience from all those quests.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Of course if the Giants see you steal their key...

Giant smashing time! :twisted:
AlexH
Initiate

Post by AlexH »

Randomizer wrote:Have you gone to the Underground Repository? That might put you on track.

The giant head quest is for asking for the goblin key that Erubor quests you to get. If you can't get the quest chain then there is a topic on getting a 4th goblin key that will allow you to finish the game.

Actually now that I think about it you can just take the giant's goblin key and lose the experience from all those quests.
I've already been there. I grabbed my amulet and took it back to Lilith.

If you kill the giants, they won't help you when you invade the citadel will they?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you did the giant's quest then they will still appear at the Goblin's Citadel even if you kill them in the village after turning in the giant's head.