For Book 2

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

For Book 2

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

S o m e s u g g e s t i on s

Dual weilding (handling heavy weapons in two hands axes,hammers).

Transformation potions (becoming various animals for a period of time).

Smithing (making weapons , even armors at high levels of smithing) But with a need of recip like the spell scrolls.

Magical weapons (stavs,swords....).

Note: some of what i said were said by users before me
Why Hurt Each Other While Fighting The whole World
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: For Book 2

Post by CrazyBernie »

It's doubtful any suggestions at this point will make it into Book 2 with it being so far along. Perhaps we already need a Book III section?? ^_^ It's possible that dual wielding could be worked in, but there'd probably be serious balance issues to work out.

And I must admit that I'm a little confused by the "magical weapons" request... there's already magic weapons in Book I... or perhaps you're referring to something a little more advanced, like a flame sword, or some other such device?
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

yp flame swords ice swords

also the ability to poison weapons would be great

also magical stavs should have and addition of : like a

1.fire mage staff lights in the dark a red glow.
2.healer staff should recover hitpoints faster than normal.
3.necromancer staff when attacking it curses the oppenent.
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

i wish that there r some orcs in the game mabe only 1 town of orcs for a change

mabe there the character can lean Bresek ability
(to loose more health while attacking but gain great attack speed and to hit) :D

or mabe its just for the 3rd book since book 2 is about to be released :mrgreen:

also some Vampires wouldnt hurt a cave fully inhabited of em mabe a quest to kill Cont Dracula HWAHHAHHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Please no vampires. And no zombies. I think I'll turn the next person who suggests either into a vampire zombie by beating them over the head with "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

I like the original types of creatures BW has been creating. I really prefer not to play another rehash of monsters I've seen before. The joy in this game is the discovery of new and interesting places and things.

But I really would like a good mage staff in book II. ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

well i have to agree but a simple mission for slaying Cont Dracula would be fun hehehehe

and the Breserk ability i really like it Go on rage and suffer more damage / and make others suffer more damage too hahahahaha :twisted:
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

smithing does seem to be one thing missing from eschalon. well, if not book 2 then how about book 3?? :D
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

Smithing as u said needs to be there unless taking away alchemy, its not fair to have alchemy and block smithing i wish its in book 2 but what im saying above is book 2 is about to be released and if this idea wasnt in the list of things to advance in Book 2 then its impossible to be in 2 so probably in 3
azraelck
Senior Steward

Post by azraelck »

I've never understood the fascination with smithing in games. In MMO's it can be used to create a player-run economy, but in SP games I've never seen a use for it.

While undead are fun, they are overused and generally weak-sauce fodder for low-mid level parties in these types of games. I want zombies that you literally need to hack into component chunks to beat, and then the head tries to roll after you and chomp down on an ankle. I want skeletons that you need to shatter nearly every bone to beat, and then they just try to pull back together afterward. Vampires should give high-level parties pause, not be a mid level snack.

I think the same way about dragons. Dragons should be powerful enough to eat level 100 archmages as a snack, with level 150 Paladins for dessert.

And yes, we need a book 3 section. And book 4, and book 5... :P
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

yp dragons are great but they should be really really big like in gothic 2 ,not in gothic 3, in 2 theyr huge in 3 they seem like birds hahahahahaaha
Mr Gash
Pledge

Post by Mr Gash »

I personally would like to see a slightly seedier side to Eschalon. Bar brawls, cat houses etc...
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...garage sales... backyard art galleries... traveling barbers...

(seriously, though, I think I agree that a "seedy side" might actually be interesting)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.