The State of Play

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

The State of Play

Post by Iane »

As told by a Grumpy Old Gamer :evil:

Assassin's Creed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fully Patched and Seen option for DX10 and thought Cool I'll load her up - now the game looks awsome but What mentaly deranged Individual thought it would be cool to fix the game in window mode - game is unplayable in this state at least I never found full screen option hmmm wonder if DX9 is full screen.

Sudden Strike 3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Really like these games and have em all but 3 seemed to crash more than Garuda Airways so you would think the latest patch would fix this huh! well sorta as it crashs a little less but after 20 minutes of play I noticed the invading force being held up by a single machine gunner so I sent in few tanks to wipe them out and WTF 20 minutes later and all the armor was still full health and no-one was dieing so it seems the patch makes all units sorta invinsible - Unplayable at best.

Fallout 3
~~~~~~~~
Loved the game but it was far too Short and before I knew it at lvl 10 or 12 and 1/10th of area covered it was all over red Rover.

Sacred 2
~~~~~~~~
Patching Nightmare - Honestly when will AAA companied use there Brains - How Bloody hard is it to ADD 2 Letters at the end of the Version Numbers - Patching English is a nightmare do I patch US english or UK english or in the Case of Sacred 2 it was "UK english International" but does the Bloody game tell you this NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after 2gb in patch downloads I find this out so after 3.5gb patching I get it right just as well the Game is AWSOME :)

The Witcher
~~~~~~~~~~
Bloody hell SHoot me Now possibly the worst Combat system I have ever seen - all that time and money and they couldn't put in proper combat Anims etc - reminds me of Minions of Mirth and think MOM's system is better - didn't even get past the mage or Mantis at the start - after 20 minutes of fighting and no one dieing except me really pissed me off but then again I wasn't in the best of Moods so might try again later :cry: