Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Wow, what a great movie. The 3D they used in this was just plain awesome.

All I can say is at the end of the movie I didn't feel like I had been there for 2 hours and 45 minutes...I wanted to see more of the world in the movie. It was not an overly difficult and complex plot, but it worked.

I think it was like dances with wolves in space....I know weird analogy but watch it and see...

Just a wonder to behold though, I kept thinking man Halo's world should be like this.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Avatar

Post by Necromis »

I agree, I saw it the previous weekend and it was a high quality film with a decent plot, though as indicated not complex to where you didn't know where it was leading. That being said, it just proves how you can make a NEW good quality movie, rather than just another remake, if you are willing to spend the money. With box office receipts from just the first two weeks I believe they are close to already recouping their 300 million in production costs. If HALO does ever end up being a movie, and they can do similar to Avatar they will probably out gross Avatar by half again. IMHO
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

was amazing but my stupid theater didn't have any over glasses 3D glasses. I also immediately thought Dances with Wolves in space when I watched it. For being 3 hours long I sure didn't feel like I was in the theater for 3 hours. It was very well paced.
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

It was beautiful alright but not much more. The plot was ridiculously predictable! Further more the human characters was a bit to stereotypical. We had the insane security guy, the evil coporation guy and the converting soldier :| I thourgt it was to long.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Finally got to see this today. Very nice movie. The 3D effect gave me a bit of a headache by the end, but it was still really enjoyable.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Finally got to see this today. Very nice movie. The 3D effect gave me a bit of a headache by the end, but it was still really enjoyable.
Now wouldn't a worl like that be cool in a space rpg?

I loved it, took my son yesterday and taking my wife tomorrow.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Well military guy wasn't insane, he was doing his job, and was in his opinion betrayed. I think the world setting would also be great for a fantasy RPG. Hmmmm, floating mountains in Book III anyone? LOL
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

So if you're doing your job you can't be insane?
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

yes you can be insane and still be doing your job. However, the person in question didn't do anything that was all that *insane.* At least IMO.
sier
Initiate

Post by sier »

A nice movie, but nothing really special. More like Pocahontas on steroids.