Dungeon siege 1 and 2

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Sanctus
Marshall

Dungeon siege 1 and 2

Post by Sanctus »

Wath do you think of these games?
I personaly like them very much...
They brought the R back into RPG
I finished them and I can say that the storyline's are great(better in 2)
Excelent graphics...
May the sky never fall on your head
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

I've enjoyed the heck out of DS2. I'm in Act 3 of Elite mode right now. I bought the expansion the other day, but I decided to stick it out with my crew in Act 3 before jumping to the new story.

The game itself is a little bland the third time thru, but I've got a major compulsion going to collect all the set items. I've got 15 of the 26 sets finished and 83 of 106 items.
PaSquall
Steward

Post by PaSquall »

I just finished dungeon siege 1, and actually playing aranna. I like it, but it's not really a RPG IMO, 100% railroady, more of a diablo clone. The main problem is that you cannot really customise your character as you like; But you can choose the right teammates, so it's OK.
txa1265
Apprentice

Post by txa1265 »

I thought DS1 was dreadful - practically played itself. The only value I see in it is running the Ultima V Lazarus remake mod.

DS2 was definitely much better, solid effort. The Broken World expansion was not so good and felt like a return to mindless hack-n-slash.
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I picked up the first Dungeon Siege to play the Lazarus mod, which I still haven't really played.. Poked around a bit, was impressed with the re-creation, and then got distracted. Played DS a bit to see what it was like and utterly failed to see the point in it. It was kinda fun but there are far better games for hack and slash questing.

Think I tried the demo for DS2, and got bored.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!