Thanks to BW

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Thanks to BW

Post by Drixx »

BasiliskWrangler,

Thank you for your incredible dedication and hard work. Today is the day where it all culminates for you,and I know that after today it will be back to work again on bug fixes, patches, and fairly soon book 3. I wanted to take a moment and express gratitude and well wishes for you before that begins.

There are very few people in the industry today who make these kinds of games. Fewer, still, who have the kind of drive to stick with it. Your games have brought a lot of happiness to me. When I've been in the hospital, a laptop and Eschalon have been my friends. Thank you for that.

I hope that Book 2 far surpasses the sales from Book 1, and that you are richly rewarded for your passion and hard work. I've sent everyone I know to your site. *Salutes*

Well done mate.
Birdmon
Initiate

Re: Thanks to BW

Post by Birdmon »

I second that statement....
UO
EQ
EQ2
(and that last pos from Brad Mcquaid - VG)
Zorlac
Apprentice

Post by Zorlac »

Yes, Thanks very much Basilisk Wrangler. I can't even imagine how many hours you've put in to this thing.

I work within a 10 minutes drive to Microsoft, Valve, Bungie Studios and Zipper Interactive. None of these mega companies can produce a game that equals the level of enjoyment that Eschalon brings.

As seen from these forums, there are MANY of us that still love turn based RPG's. I hope Basilisk Games continues to grow and eventually gets big enough to work on multiple games at a time.

PS. Give all your team members a big pat on the back too.

PSS. Also, thanks to all the beta testers!!! You guys did the dirty work so the rest of us can have a bug free experience. Kudos!
craic
Pledge

Post by craic »

Download in progress...

And yes, indeed, a Thanks for the commitment, communication, and everything is much deserved.
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

I too give my thanks
:D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Zorlac wrote: PSS. Also, thanks to all the beta testers!!! You guys did the dirty work so the rest of us can have a bug free experience. Kudos!
:) Your welcome. It was a labor of love. Hope you have as much fun as I did. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Slarty
Marshall

Post by Slarty »

Agreed -- thanks BW and company for the hard work!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Zorlac wrote: PSS. Also, thanks to all the beta testers!!! You guys did the dirty work so the rest of us can have a bug free experience. Kudos!
I can personally vouch that E:B2 has far fewer bugs (in total, fixed and any that might crop up afterward) than any Microsoft product ever released to public (as in the bugs that crop up afterward).

P.S. I prefer Microsoft products. :mrgreen:
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Thank you BW, project team and the testers! I downloaded the demo and ordered the DVD. I am having fun. I like the improvements in the interface. The music is excellent. It is good to be back!
History is written by the winners!
yodabomb
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by yodabomb »

I LOVE these types of games. The music is great, the environment is great, the story is great... what more could I ask?

I am really enjoying myself playing this.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

I want to say thanks, too. I just got the demo and played around on it. All ready, I am very impressed with all of the improvements to the game, both big and small.
TNoyce
Apprentice

Post by TNoyce »

Just adding my few cents.

Echoing all the other comments - thanks for what looks to be an excellent title!
Tim Noyce
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

Well, I don´t think there is much point adding more, but I really feel the need to just say thank you, so there you go.

Thank you.
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Thank you BW, because you have brought to me, the glourious days of Old RPGs like Ultima, Ishar or Might and Magic.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Thank you BW! Playing Book II is the most fun I've had since Book I. Work has been keeping me away from it longer than I would like, but on the plus side, it will last longer :)
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.