Flimsy helmets

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Apoteos
Steward

Flimsy helmets

Post by Apoteos »

I have just found a "flimsy bronze half-helm" and a "bronze half-helm". They are identical in every way, except for their value. The thing which strikes me as odd is the fact that the flimsy one has a higher value (45 gold) while the normal one has a lower one (27 gold). Is this how it is supposed to be, or are we looking at a very minor bug?

Because a flimsy helm is a bad helm, right?
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Flimsy helmets

Post by CrazyBernie »

Are you playing with the equipment degradation rules on? Degraded items will be less effective, i.e. lower in armor/value.

Flimsy items were usually a point or so lower in their armor ratings, but it's possible some items got missed when some adjustments were made to the armor system.
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

Equipment degradation is on, but they are both fully repaired and in top condition, and they both have the same armor rating. They are, as mentioned, identical in every way save their value.
But without death
Life would soon decline
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Anything "flimsy" has less hit points than a non-flimsy identical item. Meaning- flimsy equipment degrades quicker than regular.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Doh, I stand corrected. I guess I was the one who didn't have his stuff repaired up all the way... :mrgreen:
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

You guys seem to be missing Apoteos' main point. He noticed the flimsy helmet was more expensive than the regular one...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

KillingMoon wrote:You guys seem to be missing Apoteos' main point. He noticed the flimsy helmet was more expensive than the regular one...
Uh, I guess I did miss this bit of important info.

If anyone can send me a saved-game of this oddity, it would be appreciated.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

Problem 1:
Well, my antivirus is going haywire about a certain book_2.exe - file, ´so there is a good chance my overzealous software just erased all evidence of this oddity which kind of drives me MAD :evil: I will do what I can though to send a savegame, but no hard feelings should anyone beat me to it :wink:

Problem 2:
I certainly know my way around computers, but I can´t for the love of fishing find the book II savefiles even before my antivirus started its crusade. It seems the files are better hidden than their Book I counterparts; lying in a seperate folder among the install files. Is there something obvious I´m missing, or should I just try to tidy up the mess in my harddrive?
But without death
Life would soon decline
JoeSlow
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JoeSlow »

Apoteos wrote:...
I certainly know my way around computers, but I can´t for the love of fishing find the book II savefiles even before my antivirus started its crusade. It seems the files are better hidden than their Book I counterparts; lying in a seperate folder among the install files. Is there something obvious I´m missing, or should I just try to tidy up the mess in my harddrive?
Mine are in
C:\Users\uwe\AppData\Roaming\Basilisk Games\Book 2 Saved Games
My OS is Win7
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

Wow, I could write a book about all the bad character traits of my computer, and I have just experienced another one. It actually had the nerve to tell me my save files were hidden and protected from me :shock: And it wasn´t just a matter of pressing an "Allow" or OK"- button either, but I think I´m on top off things again. Thanks for the "Helpful information" post BW.

Sadly, I´t seems I stupidly overwrote the particular savefile with the helms, so I guess the race is on to first deliver a flimsy bronze half-helm to BW!
But without death
Life would soon decline