Does v1.03 work on 2k?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Lym
Pledge

Does v1.03 work on 2k?

Post by Lym »

I'm asking because while the manual say so trying to start the game result in a "Procedure entry point could not be located" error with the procedure being "GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameW", which, if i'm to believe Microsoft, mean it isn't in fact compatible with 2k (yes, i know i'm behind the times...).

So, anyone managed to make it run on 2k? Or am i suffering from some weird glitch?

PS: before anyone ask, i uninstalled OpenAL, so i doubt that's the culprit.
PS2: as a side note Softpedia's file "datapak" was corrupted when i downloaded it from there a few hours ago. (GamersHell worked fine tho.)
hermitt
Pledge

Re: Does v1.03 work on 2k?

Post by hermitt »

i run the game under 2k too. To do so u need:
go to windows/system or system32 (dont remember exactly :) and COPY (not cut) the file kernel32.dll to your game directory. Rename it to kernel32_org.dll
then go to this page :
http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/vi ... ?f=4&t=495 and download from there wrapper pack. Extract from pack the file kernel32.dll and ExcludeFromKnownDlls.reg files to your game directory. Double click to ExcludeFromKnownDlls.reg file, then reboot.
Run the game!
Lym
Pledge

Re: Does v1.03 work on 2k?

Post by Lym »

Many Thanks, things appear to work. It is way early in the morning tho so i will get to play when i wake up.