game saves

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
peekie10
Initiate

game saves

Post by peekie10 »

i am replaying game 1, and find that the game save keeps crashing, i either get blank saves or error messages, and the games i have saved are invisible? is this a bug or is it summin we did wrong? :?:
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: game saves

Post by IJBall »

peekie10 wrote:i am replaying game 1, and find that the game save keeps crashing, i either get blank saves or error messages, and the games i have saved are invisible? is this a bug or is it summin we did wrong? :?:
What version of Book I are you playing? I believe this was an issue with earlier versions of Book I.

If you don't have it already, update to v1.05. But be careful - some people are having some other issues with the latest edition of the v1.05 build...
peekie10
Initiate

Post by peekie10 »

wots the other issues with the other version, tryin to decide whether to stay with the version we got now or upgrade, we played book one a good while ago and loved it, thought we would replay it and im the only one getting the corrupted save files, we both playing 2 atm, but want to replay 1 as diff characters etc, ohhh decisions decisions lol :?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

peekie10 wrote:wots the other issues with the other version, tryin to decide whether to stay with the version we got now or upgrade, we played book one a good while ago and loved it, thought we would replay it and im the only one getting the corrupted save files, we both playing 2 atm, but want to replay 1 as diff characters etc, ohhh decisions decisions lol :?
The issue with the most recent build of v1.05 is that it seems to crash in certain specific locations (likely related to issues with sound files the game uses - I think one person reported avoiding crashes with the new v1.05 if they turned all sounds down to "0%".)

Probably the best solution would be to try to nab the previous build of v1.05 of Book I, but I wouldn't even know where you could obtain it...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:
peekie10 wrote:wots the other issues with the other version, tryin to decide whether to stay with the version we got now or upgrade, we played book one a good while ago and loved it, thought we would replay it and im the only one getting the corrupted save files, we both playing 2 atm, but want to replay 1 as diff characters etc, ohhh decisions decisions lol :?
The issue with the most recent build of v1.05 is that it seems to crash in certain specific locations (likely related to issues with sound files the game uses - I think one person reported avoiding crashes with the new v1.05 if they turned all sounds down to "0%".)

Probably the best solution would be to try to nab the previous build of v1.05 of Book I, but I wouldn't even know where you could obtain it...
Wasn't this crashing only in the Mac version? Or has it also been reported in the Windows version now?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
IJBall wrote:

Wasn't this crashing only in the Mac version? Or has it also been reported in the Windows version now?
I specifically double-checked, just to be sure, when writing that reply, and there are a couple of threads in the Book I Windows Support forum devoted to crashing with the (presumably) WIN version of the new build of v1.05. (However, it doesn't seem like any Linux users have reported problems yet... (maybe because they haven't downloaded the new v1.05 build yet?...).)

Anyway, it seems like the new build, even with the addition of BW's .zip of the missing sound files, is causing problems on both Mac and WIN...

(My guess is that there are still some sound files missing or something, because it seems like the crashes happen at specific points on specific maps, and turning all sounds to "0%" may avoid the crashing...)