Question about item containers

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
footwo
Initiate

Question about item containers

Post by footwo »

My encumbrance often slows me down so I thought about just throwing items into various wardrobes and barrels etc in and around the starting town.

If I leave these items there will they degrade or will they remain there as long as I play?

Thanks.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Question about item containers

Post by xolotl »

footwo wrote:If I leave these items there will they degrade or will they remain there as long as I play?
They'll remain there forever. One useful trick is to make sure you've got at least one point in Foraging (which is a great skill to have regardless), and then when you camp (so long as you camp long enough) you'll wake up with a bag on the ground. Camp a few times in the same spot and you've got a nice little collection of bags to stash all your loot in.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

xolotl wrote:
footwo wrote:If I leave these items there will they degrade or will they remain there as long as I play?
They'll remain there forever. One useful trick is to make sure you've got at least one point in Foraging (which is a great skill to have regardless), and then when you camp (so long as you camp long enough) you'll wake up with a bag on the ground. Camp a few times in the same spot and you've got a nice little collection of bags to stash all your loot in.
One important note, though, is to NEVER camp ON TOP of one of your loot bags. It will vanish along with all of the loot in it. Trust me on this. It's not nice to lose 20000 gold worth of armor.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
footwo
Initiate

Post by footwo »

Thankee.
wsquires
Pledge

Post by wsquires »

Good to know - though I haven't tried it myself; I figure the game would tell you, "You don't have enough room to pitch your tent here." or some nonsense like that if you tried to camp on a baggie. :)
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Don't drop a powder keg on top of a bag either.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Another approach to take is to drop your excess items in a place that is easy to get to. I pretty much use barrels and chests near Quick Travel sites. That's easier than tramping across a map to some dropped bag, and you don't have to remember where you left every stash.....