Water Skins with Attitude!!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
shylo32
Apprentice

Water Skins with Attitude!!

Post by shylo32 »

Hi! Been quite awhile since I've been here, but, lol...what is with the water skins? Go to well...message says you have filled your Water Skin...check water skin...says empty!! Talk about attitude! Am I missing something or am I just getting too damn old to play my favorite type of game anymore?!!...lol..anyone want to help me out with this possibly all time dumb question of mine? :? :oops:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Water Skins with Attitude!!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Some people have experienced a problem with the water skin found in their house, that it will not properly fill up. The easiest fix is to sell that one and buy a new one (or find another). There should no longer be a problem.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

Thanks for the quick reply...will try that...couldn't figure out why it said one thing and did another... or didn't do it..lol
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

No problem. And, yes, it's an odd behavior. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the game, because I thought it was fixed (I've never personally experienced the problem). It may also be a matter of having one of the things turned off (like item wear, I think). After my first play, I've always just kept everything turned on so that may be why I haven't seen it.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

Finally bought the game today from this site, so as far as I know it is the most up to date one...version 1.05, I believe. I am running with wear off so maybe that caused the problem. Bought a new water skin and it works fine...problem solved, thank you, should have thought of it myself, that's what you get for playing 8 hrs straight.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

shylo32 wrote:Finally bought the game today from this site, so as far as I know it is the most up to date one...version 1.05, I believe. I am running with wear off so maybe that caused the problem...
Shylo, if you have a previous Save Game with this odd Water Skin behavior readily apparent, you might want to E-mail that Save Game folder (.zip'ped) to BW - it might help him track down this bug.
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

IJBall wrote:
shylo32 wrote:Finally bought the game today from this site, so as far as I know it is the most up to date one...version 1.05, I believe. I am running with wear off so maybe that caused the problem...
Shylo, if you have a previous Save Game with this odd Water Skin behavior readily apparent, you might want to E-mail that Save Game folder (.zip'ped) to BW - it might help him track down this bug.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save with the Water Skin attitude, I saved over it...not thinking that what you suggested would have been productive..lol...I found that if the game is played on normal, then there is no problem at all with the water skin, if you play and the game is set on easy or really easy, then the water skin at your home will not work.
SonofStorms
Pledge

Post by SonofStorms »

I had the same issue....i thought the draw water spell was not working right...then i read this post and found out about the water bottle being the problem ( i didn't even notice when i went to the well i just assumed it was filling properly)......unfortunately i didn't keep my old saves from when it happened but i'm sure the issue will come up again.....
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

I've just decided to start a second play through of Book II this time with the food / water option turned on and I find myself having the same problem with the water skin (I'm on the latest version via Steam) so I'll send a save over to BW and see if he can find any problems.

Edit: Blimey didn't realise this thread was a year old, still not used to it being 2012.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Never mind, I just found this post that explains what the issue is and used the character editor to fix it.

Note to self, search more before posting in future :oops:
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here