Invisibility/Darkmirk tower bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Tiavals
Initiate

Invisibility/Darkmirk tower bug

Post by Tiavals »

So, I got the invisibility spell from one of the chests on the second(or third?) level of the Darkmirk tower, but if I "eat" the scroll, then save the game and after that load it, the spell is gone!

I mean, I memorize the spell. Now I can cast it. Then I play for a while and save the game. I get killed for example and load the game. Now I check my spells, I don't have the invisibility in my spellbook anymore, it has vanished.

This is obviously a bug, and it's really irritating, since invisibility is truly great for robbing people bling. :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I believe you still know the spell, but the Spell Journal is not displaying all spells properly.

Working on a fix now.
Tiavals
Initiate

Post by Tiavals »

The spell "Portal" doesn't show either. I guess all 10-mana Elemental spells won't show?
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

@Tiavals-If you hotkey 1-0 your highest level spells that might be a workaround until BW patches the bug. If I read the manual right, you just press a number key 1-0 and you can have 10 spells hotkeyed. I'd leave 1 or 2 numbers for (As needed spells) and then put my highest level spells in the other 8 slots. HTH