Ultima Lazarus

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Ultima Lazarus

Post by Saxon1974 »

Have you all seen the remake of Ultima V called "Lazarus"? Its a complete ground up remake of the game using the original dungeon siege engine. Its fantastic and I think it stands right up there with the great ultima's.

I think it really proves that content is more important than the graphics, because dungeon siege bored me to tears, but this game kept me captivated for weeks.

It realy is quite amazing that a volunteer project could turn out so well. I think the strength of the game is in the dialog writing.

Check it out;

http://www.u5lazarus.com/
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I've been on the look-out for a super-cheap copy of Dungeon Siege so I can check out the Lazarus mod. I've heard nothing but praise for it, so as soon as I find DS within my price parameters, I'll get the mod.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I found a copy at the local COMPUSA for 10$. I would imagine you could find a cheap copy on ebay. Its well worth the 10$.

This game doesnt feel at all like a mod, the 1.2 version of pretty stable and amazingly written.
Killer Kitty
Initiate

Post by Killer Kitty »

I beat Lazarus a few weeks ago and it was one of the most rewarding and entertaining RPG experiences I've had in quite some time. Highly recommended.
MarionDeputy
Apprentice

Post by MarionDeputy »

How is combat resolved in DS/Lazarus? Is it turn-based or real time? I hate Real Time combat!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Its real time, it uses the dungeon siege engine with some modifications.