new tv series on Jousting!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

new tv series on Jousting!

Post by Dragonlady »

Discovered this show will start in Feb. Might be interesting.
Here's what the website said in one area:
HISTORY is bringing back the most dangerous collision sport in history and transforming it into a 21st-century event. But this is no Renaissance fair as the toughest riders in the nation face off in a bone-crushing competition for big money. It's as intense as it was 500 years ago, but with a twist: Traditional armor is replaced by modern suits of steel, while action is captured by high-speed cameras. Each episode features full-contact jousts in which jousters charge and collide at 30 miles an hour, and every joust is a test of courage and strength requiring nerves of steel. The last man standing takes home the cash as this extreme sport is reborn.
At this link: http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting
you can see more and a clip. Bloody, fast and dang dangerous! Wonder how many 'We won't sue you' papers they had to sign? :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: new tv series on Jousting!

Post by deathknight1728 »

This could be interesting although it isn't the most violent thing you can watch. I have a problem with watching certain things on the tv. A kid in my neighborhood stole bum fights from a market and after he got caught had to buy it anyway. Either way, we go to watch the show and I'm not going to lie, that was some messed up stuff. I don't know how anyone can call beating on a defenseless person, entertaining. Its one thing when a movie has it or a video game, but if its real, thats not cool.

UFC and boxing is ok to watch though, and so jousting might be interesting. Still don't know how people used to watch people get killed in the colosseum.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

deathknight1728 wrote:This could be interesting although it isn't the most violent thing you can watch. I have a problem with watching certain things on the tv. A kid in my neighborhood stole bum fights from a market and after he got caught had to buy it anyway. Either way, we go to watch the show and I'm not going to lie, that was some messed up stuff. I don't know how anyone can call beating on a defenseless person, entertaining. Its one thing when a movie has it or a video game, but if its real, thats not cool.

UFC and boxing is ok to watch though, and so jousting might be interesting. Still don't know how people used to watch people get killed in the colosseum.
Me either. But people watch the Indie 500 (crashes) and shark attacks in metal cages on Animal Planet so, somewhere in our primative brain stem we must like blood and gore cause it means meat for the table ..as it were..Shrug, :D :roll:
vicgott
Pledge

Post by vicgott »

I look forward to watching this.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

vicgott wrote:I look forward to watching this.
Me too, at least the first episode or so. I forgot to write down the start date (Feb. 12th) and am glad you reminded me to go put it on my 'record list' for the next 7 days.