Eleanise and element armor

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

Eleanise and element armor

Post by kelticpete »

does she ever sell it?

I am in a playthrough with a dead harpen and I need element armor real bad.

have rested 4 weeks so far, no element armor in her inventory.

sigh.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Eleanise and element armor

Post by Randomizer »

I hate to say it, but sometimes it just never seems to turn up when you need a spell scroll.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

port kuudad lady eventully had it.

thank god. I want to goto fathamurk.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Be warned! - Element Armor is itself damaged by stuff like lava (many of us consider this a 'bug', or at least an "anti-exploit").

So be careful: if you leave stuff like that on too long while traversing lava, while you won't take HP damage, the armor will, and could eventually be destroyed.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

First thing you do before walking through lava is remove your boots and pants. It's easier to heal than to replace decent armor. :(
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:Be warned! - Element Armor is itself damaged by stuff like lava (many of us consider this a 'bug', or at least an "anti-exploit").

So be careful: if you leave stuff like that on too long while traversing lava, while you won't take HP damage, the armor will, and could eventually be destroyed.
He's talking about the spell, not pants and boots with elemental resistance. It's great to find a helm, gloves, chest, and belt with elemental resistance, because then you hardly need the spell. Even with the spell, you need to follow Randomizer's advice and remove boots and pants before wandering across lava.

And, next time you're looking for spells, don't forget to check the innkeeper in Durnore. She keeps a lot of good ones on hand.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I usually keep a cheap pair of boots and pants in my inventory for lava walking. It's okay if they burn up, but they do provide a little bit of protection....
davepark
Pledge

Post by davepark »

Good thing that you're able to value in choosing to use a pair of boots, as you could not get wasted it it would be burn up.