Can't Decide! Help! (Spoiler)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Can't Decide! Help! (Spoiler)

Post by Knightofhopex »

D:< I can't decide if I want to kill Zeblin or not!!

I've killed him and then reloaded and spared him and I STILL don't know which is more rewarding.

Kind of anticlimactic to put one to this son of a gun and that just be it. 2k experience for epic revenge was a little bit of a let down. And you can just take the arrows either way so...

Also, that training is SUPER sweet. Especially for me who has none of those skills. Gonna basically turn me into a super hero...

I dunno what I wanna do!! :(
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Can't Decide! Help! (Spoiler)

Post by Lord_P »

I say spare Zeblin. Training is always more important than 2000 experience in my opinion.

Also killing him (or even reaching him) is very difficult if you're not specialized in lockpicking and skullduggery/have high perception or Spot Hidden. It should give more exp.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Training is usually more useful. You lose the quest, but if you come back much later and steal from him, then you have some small satisfaction and experience.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Randomizer wrote:Training is usually more useful. You lose the quest, but if you come back much later and steal from him, then you have some small satisfaction and experience.
Yeah, I'm almost thinking I'm just going to dedicate one of my save slots and name it "Beat Zeblin's Face In", then go about my business with his training on my cannon file.

I guess I could also come back and kill him after I've got all his training too. It's not like I NEED him to be alive after that. But then, that makes me a bad guy for using him. Ah, decisions... :/
Lord_P wrote:I say spare Zeblin. Training is always more important than 2000 experience in my opinion.

Also killing him (or even reaching him) is very difficult if you're not specialized in lockpicking and skullduggery/have high perception or Spot Hidden. It should give more exp.

I agree. I'm already over level 20 so it didn't take me a lot of effort to get there. But you're completely right; It was really annoying and not worth the time just to get 2k XP.

I would have kind of liked for him to cry out like a dog and beg for his life once he was at 20%. It's always nice to find out the bad guys are really just cowards when someone comes along who is strong enough to put them in their place.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

My decision about the SOB is always based on my character. When I play a Ranger I take the dude out, but when I play a Rogue I spare him so I can get the training.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Painted Lady wrote:My decision about the SOB is always based on my character. When I play a Ranger I take the dude out, but when I play a Rogue I spare him so I can get the training.
That's a brilliant idea, actually. I wish I had gotten my character right this time, because I really would have spared him based on what I'm doing. (10 in every skill that has a skill book and a trainer ) Buuuut I screwed it up... So. Hard to make up my mind still.

I guess you might call the character type " Power Obsessed Multi-class ". XD Reminds me of my DnD days... ( Rogue 6, Fighter 6, Barbarian 8 ) lol
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I KNOW: Is it possible to get training from Zeblin and pick the quest arrow later? That would be cool. :o
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:I KNOW: Is it possible to get training from Zeblin and pick the quest arrow later? That would be cool. :o
I seem to recall somebody trying that, but I don't remember the result. I believe there was a reason it wouldn't work, but I could be wrong. You may be able to find it with a search of the board, but you'll probably have a lot of hits to look through.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I always ended up killing the dude. Mainly due to the fact I had to raise find trap and pick locks, etc. rather high to survive just to get to him. Rather annoying to spend all those precious points on those skills when I could have used them elsewhere. :x Had always hoped to find a trainer out in the woods somewhere having retired with his earnings and using training fees to pay for food and potions or whatever. :|
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Zeblin will only train you if you have and abandon the "To Hunt An Assassin" quest while in dialogue.
Well that's a downer. Kind of forces you to decide, rather than: "Now that I have trained you, you are surely the best thief in-" "Backstab, fool!"