Final Playthrough (For a while)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Final Playthrough (For a while)

Post by Vroqren »

Good to know - that will come in handy. My current Dexterity is 15. If I did this right, getting both that and Pick Locks to close to 20% should give me roughly a 17% chance? That's good enough for me.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Alright - I've made quite a bit of progress today. I finished Hammerlorne, as I said. I also finished Lorewitch (That was especially fun), Westwillow, and reached Picaroon Isle. I'm feeling a little under-prepared, though I want to head into Fathumurk soon possibly. I'm uploading two screenshots with this, so you can just see all my stats, ETC.
This save game is from 10.2 hours, and I'm level 17.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cbckzd7lzg63tbo

This second image:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?152364o2kd5kwbc
Suggests that there might be elves in Eschalon, or at least that there once were.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I assume you have enough alchemy to make protection potions before walking through lava flows. :)

I went a different way and got endurance at 70 at level 15 so I have elements resistance at 67% and plan to raise it more. I can already walk through Nor'land storms.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Add a couple of bloodlust rings and that amulet that boosts your damage, and you'll be more than ready for Fathamurk. I was able to beat the golem with about 5-6 punches (with feat and max damage combat mode)
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Problem with both of those suggestions: I can't drink potions for the True Warrior Challenge, so I'm relying on my mass of hitpoints. I also can't wear rings or amulets with The True Warrior challenge, and no armor with The Untouchable challenge.
So I don't know how it will turn out. I'm probably going to try to get to level 20 or so before I attempt Fathumurk. I can easily camp that with Rift Harpies.

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Fathamurk is proving more challenging than I had estimated, though still quite do-able. I just read the rules for the True Warrior Challenge again, and I can definitely drink potions. I was under the impression that I couldn't, so I have been drinking any all game. That's really kind of frustrating, especially because I would have loved some Ogre Strength to help me carry out loot. Too late though, I didn't bring them in. I do still have one save right before I entered the actual area, but I suppose that it's alright. I'm not going to bother with it. The lava was killing me, even with my ridiculous masses of HP.

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Sorry. I know I'm triple posting, but I figured I'd make one final update before I head off tonight.
I finished Fathamurk. That was quite fun. I escaped with my exact encumberance max, by leaving lock picks in chests. I only carry about 10 lbs. of them around with me... At the "Choose the path of Greatest Resistance", I first ran through the poison hall. I got poisonedX6, and while camping, I was still gaining HP. Hurrah for incredible Endurance! After that, I walked my way up the path with the Mutated Assassin Stalks, and punched each one, camping in between each. With the loot from Fathamurk, I made about 3000-4000 coins. Not half bad, especially considering I didn't bring a potion of ogre strength. I also found out why I thought I couldn't use potions. It's because I can't. For The True Alchemist I can't buy any potions, but I don't actually have any levels in alchemy. That explains it. Turns out I can be a true alchemist without ever making a potion.
Alright: When I got back from Fathamurk, I bought a book called 'Keyholes and Tumblers' in Port K, read it, and gained 2 levels in Pick Locks. Awesome, I now have a 7% chance to pick an Adamantium Lock. That's 7X better than 1%. Because of that, I quickly went and got the treasure from the treasure chest.

With all the loot combined, I now have 180000 coins, along with 5 of the named weapons. I plan on obtaining them all, but never selling them. Why don't I sell them? They're worth more for the Wealthy Lord challenge in pure value, rather than what the store owners will pay me. And they don't even weigh too much. So yeah, I'll be getting all 9 of those (Oops, I actually already sold the Doom Stars). All 8 of those.

I have been playing for 13 hours, and my character is level 18. 37 Strength, 17 Dexterity, 52 Endurance.
19 Dodge, 14 Pick Locks, 31 Unarmed Combat
29 Quests completed, best trap was Barbed Darts (Pretty good for only 1 level in Skullduggery), 1 kill made using a portcullis, 1 kill made using magic (Interesting: The wand must count as magic, as that's how I called the Golem. It did not fail my True Warrior challenge though). I've made 556 kills, and my highest hit was 161.

Cheers everyone. I'll be back to it tomorrow, let me know what you think.

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Once again, I loved the game. I did manage to get the Wealthy Lord Challenge. Anyway, here was my final game score. I haven't really looked at other peoples much, how'd I do?

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Propably better than me! :lol: