The Witcher

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
leshpar
Marshall

Re: The Witcher

Post by leshpar »

I had a ton of fun with Witcher 1. It has kind of a reverse difficulty curve though (the hardest parts of the game are near the start). In fact I turned Geralt into a full on mage by the end of the game to where I spammed fire spells and never even drew a sword. Was a lot of fun and I recommend it. I never did get around to trying 2 though, but it does look good. I am rather excited for 3 as well.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

Evnissyen wrote:
Witcher 3 is promising horses and boats. (They've got development screenshots and everything, over on FB.) ...Not too excited about that, and a little nervous about their promise of a 'huge wide-ranging world' with 'lots of choices'. But... it's Team Red, so I'm sure they know what they're doing.
W1 was mostly about the story, because of the engine - tweaked Aurora had some limits, yet the devs managed to get as much from it as possible.

W2 was mainly about making their own engine and testing it. devs put most of time and effort in creating their own tools. story was shorter, more intense, yet - it`s obvious they had less time for real content - it still was quality over quantity.

in W3 they already have tools and experience, therefore most of the time they are creating the world, quests, more sophisticated storyline, etc.
if they are saying something about horses, boats and open world - I suppose it will be awesome!

more or less like The Basilisk with E2 and E3 ;>
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

severian wrote: in W3 they already have tools and experience, therefore most of the time they are creating the world, quests, more sophisticated storyline, etc.
if they are saying something about horses, boats and open world - I suppose it will be awesome!

more or less like The Basilisk with E2 and E3 ;>
Hoping so! And probably will.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

noname wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I tried to play it. It is too cinematic for my taste- the game seems to focus more on eloquent ways to behead your enemies, and not so much on stats and character development.
Yep. That was my opinion too. Only played it enough to get disgusted.
I have The witcher 1.....didn't get far...The roleplaying aspects were not that great to me..Hack and slash strictly.. :roll: