Abandoned my ranger!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
mwindsong
Apprentice

Abandoned my ranger!

Post by mwindsong »

OK, so it's my second time through the game and I'm maybe 1/3rd to half way through and now I realize I've gone and done the same thing as the first time through… made my player into a jack of all trades. I'm planning to restart and actually focus on learning from the books and making strength a priority now that I know how to maximize my loot from the chests of Fathamurk. I was very happy with what I'd built until I tried Fathamurk again and realized that even with a mighty ring and ogre potions and spells I wouldn't be able to carry out more than half of the best stuff!

*sigh*

Caught by my own habits of using the level ups. I hope I can keep on track with my plan this time.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Abandoned my ranger!

Post by Randomizer »

I don't think anyone gets out of there without feeling like they left a lot of loot behind. Hammerlorne at least lets you return as often as needed to get it all out.
Last edited by Randomizer on March 3rd, 2013, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Randomizer wrote:I don't think anyone gets out of there without feeling like they left a loot of loot behind. Hammerlorne at least lets you return as often as needed to get it all out.
Yeah, I maximized a character for strength one time, with two mighty rings, Ogre Strength, +strength belt and amulet and another random piece of armor. Still left loot behind. Just the nature of Fathamurk.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

OK, I got over my grumpiness with my ranger after a day or two and have picked her back up. I'm in Hammerlorne now. Although, I did start a 2nd nefarious ranger. I've left her hanging while I finish my first one. lol.