tablet port

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

tablet port

Post by Bob the Thief »

I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but are there any plans for an Android (or iPad) port of Book 3. Although I don't know the exact system requirements, with the capabilities of tablets these days it seems that it would be possible to run this game on a tablet.

I would like a port to an Android tablet for playing the game when on the road. Being able to xfer saved games back and forth between a tablet and PC would also be a plus.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: tablet port

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Thomas has said elsewhere that because of the language used to program the games, porting them to a tablet would require essentially rewriting them from the ground up in a new language. It's not a job he's going to be taking on, I believe.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Thomas has said that although the engine used for the Eschalon series will not allow for a port to a tablet, he expects that future series will be available on some tablets.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Painted Lady wrote:Thomas has said that although the engine used for the Eschalon series will not allow for a port to a tablet, he expects that future series will be available on some tablets.
And all of this depends on which programming language BW chooses to use, post-Eschalon series.

I have to admit - I'm as curious about that as anything, so I am very much looking forward to see which programming language BW settles on for his post-Eschalon games...