Trainers First......

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Trainers First......

Post by Necromis »

I was reading thru some of the posts today and it got me to thinking about something with all the trainers and such not. Has anyone started up a character and pretty much saved ALL of their points they normally would have spent on these *trainable* skills until after they found the trainer and maxed them out with the trainer? I know it would be rough in some areas doing battles with no skill in a weapon, but thought it might be an interesting idea to try out at some point just for the fun of it.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Morgan Terror
Steward

Re: Trainers First......

Post by Morgan Terror »

That's pretty much THE way to do it, IMO. It saves you two skillpoints per skill. Going without melee is dodgy though, unless you have archery or magic. Going for training before using books is also nice. Saves you either hundreds of gold, or gets you two skillpoints higher than usual. As long as you hadn't invested points yet.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I pretty much only ever spend points on one skill (a weapon or magic) until I have access to all of the trainers. In Book II, that's easy - you can easily get into Port Kudaad (and gain a few levels) without getting into a single fight.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

One level of repair and weapon skill is usually piercing or unarmed combat where there isn't a trainer.