If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
bob.d
Apprentice

Post by bob.d »

I made it too. Really fun; one of the best games I ever played!

mursu
Pledge

Post by mursu »

Had a blast. Can't wait for book II :)

buffed myself up with pots and my ubar lvl4 bless, even though could've managed just as fine without them. But what the hell, why not when you have them =)[/img]
ridcully
Initiate

Post by ridcully »

put on all the divination stuff that is around, hasted myself and for the first time showed off my l4 supernova (not that it helped much but when where the time but now). then casted invibility and moved away a little from the slaughter to take the guards out in batches of three. worthy challenge at the end - much tougher than gramuk. to bad - the game is over now. i guess i will give it a rest for a few weeks and then start over with a cleric instead of a mage.

bob.d
Apprentice

Post by bob.d »

i noticed that some people are lever 19, and i hear that there is a limit att level 20. i was just curious, am i missing something vital here or is the difference between level 17 and 19 just a lot of camping and patience?
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

bob.d wrote:i noticed that some people are lever 19, and i hear that there is a limit att level 20. i was just curious, am i missing something vital here or is the difference between level 17 and 19 just a lot of camping and patience?

Actually, camping & patience aren't needed.
SPOILER wrote:In the Ossuary when you open the doors by the chests a specter appears each time. Just open the doors a few hundred times & you get all the XP and quite a bit of loot (via selling the protoplasm that drops each time ytou get a kill). You'll be leveled up before you know it.
Jyri
Warmskin
Apprentice

Post by Warmskin »

I beat the guards at level 17. I had to reload a couple of times to do it. I found that 'Haste' was actually the best spell possible in this situation for me (basically gives you 2 attacks for their one). I purposely did not use invisibility. I let them surround me and we 'duked' it out (threw an explosive potion at them a couple of times... What did most of you use to capture the final msg screen? Fraps? I hit the 'Printscreen' key and nothing happened... Anyway, doesn't matter. That was the final battle I was looking for. The fight with the Goblin King/Mage (I forget his name) was way too easy. This was more of a challenge. :D
Odium
Apprentice

Post by Odium »

With my warrior char i let a wall guard my rear, right and left i was protected by pots of flowers ... so it was 3 at a time. Easy going if you are hit only by a 2% chance *yawn* Took some time though
Grey-Sword
Pledge

Grey-Sword reached destroyer status

Post by Grey-Sword »

I've had a great time playing this game on my mac. It was just the right level for me, neither too easy nor too hard. I don't have the time to play the MMORPG, which never have an ending.

Regarding getting rid of the chancellor and the guards: I saved the game just before meeting the chancellor, so I could try the good and bad endings.

First I did the good ending.

Then I did the bad ending. This is where I finally got the chance to use the bottle of incinerator fuel. I used it straight away, while the guards were still tightly clustered.

Basically, haste and mana fortify made the difference here. I did a character that was a swordsman/bowman, with a lot of divination spells to boost accuracy, power, protection, etc of my sword and arrows.

However, after learning of the results of my actions in the final scenes, I was glad that I had done the good ending first! After all, my character orientation was "virtuous fighter"!

Well done, eschalon team! And thanks to the guy who donated Mac equipment so that the game could be done on Mac, too! I'm already recommending this game to others.

See you in book 2.
mark
Apprentice

Post by mark »

Used lots of demon oil. :P
Last edited by mark on February 23rd, 2008, 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
applesauce
Pledge

Destroyer.. MUAHAhahahha...

Post by applesauce »

Ta-da...
what a bloodbath.

I didn't get a chance to take a screenshot of my stats, they weren't that high. This is my first time playing a computer RPG like this. thanks for the fun!
JMAN123
Pledge

Post by JMAN123 »

Hmm, I think next time I'll try a naked archer, see how far he gets.

Image[/img]
Jennifer Marx
Pledge

I did it!

Post by Jennifer Marx »

I did it! It only took 8 bottles of invisibility potion and 30 bottles of mana potion, plus a whole lot of fireballs aimed at groups of guards. I had to play/save up for a while to buy it all, but it worked in the end! :)

What a GREAT game! It really took me back to my college days when I used to play RPG games on my Mac until the wee hours. This game was a great balm for the recent (and very painful) server move I had to do concurrently. Thank you, thank you! And thank you for making it available to us Mac users!
Jennifer Marx
minim8mike
Initiate

Post by minim8mike »

i just finished the game with destroyer im on my mac and dont know how to screen print but when i find out i shall repost awesome game thanks basilisk!
THX-1138
Pledge

Post by THX-1138 »

Here it is! 1shot killed the chancellor, and wtfpwnuk3orzd the guards to death with supernova.

You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body.
Starke
Pledge

Post by Starke »

My thief/cleric who turned into a bit of a mage later on, just so I could use preditor sight....

Hmm.... Nimbleness + Ogre Strength is a nasty combo, didn't use a single potion except for the incinerator right at the start, mainly because I like to see things blow up! Oh, and a mana fortitude before I spell buffed. 30 strength pre-buff and 22 dex pre-buff.

The really sad thing, is that despite spending 95% of my time whacking things with the Executioner, my bow did more damage.... :oops:

And yes, that IS a 38 Hide in Shadows. I wanted to see if you could hide in daylight :twisted:

Unfortunately, despite how crazily powerful hide in shadows is, you can't hide in the daylight even with a 38 in it. All you really need it about 5 to be unstoppable. :roll:

What I really want to know is;
Has anyone done a pauper destroyer yet?