Sink Holes

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
agnari
Senior Steward

Sink Holes

Post by agnari »

I was wandering around and saw a sign warning of sink holes ahead so i avoided the area

Now i can't find the area again. Anyone know off hand which map section the sink holes are in?
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Due East from Blackwater IIRC .. the map with bandits in the South and raptors (just a few) at the North. The Sink Hole is NE from the crossroads.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

thanks after all that searching, it was a total let down. I was thinking some big dungeon i'd missed. Just a big hole(circle) in the ground.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Ah, but it has inhabitants, doesn't it.
Did you find the Oubliette yet .. similar, but rather upmarket. 8>.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

GSV3MiaC wrote:Ah, but it has inhabitants, doesn't it.
Did you find the Oubliette yet .. similar, but rather upmarket. 8>.
The oubliette totally freaked me out. I just ran out of torches, so i had to use only cats eye to find around..
What a relief that ladder to the top was. ;)
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

Obli isnt that the way out to the other side of the rift, yeah i've found that then.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

agnari wrote:Obli isnt that the way out to the other side of the rift, yeah i've found that then.
there are more ways...
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

I found 3 ways. If there are more, I missed them.
nonameform
Apprentice

Post by nonameform »

Not my day to play Eschalon.

I've decided to finish one quest before going to bed and then after visiting Blackwater I remembered that there are sink holes with many Noximanders, so I've decided to gather some XP. After killing all Noximanders in the cave and using many Health Elixirs, I went back to Blackwater. After healing I went to shop to sell some of the stuff I had looted before. After selling everything I've remembered about my +3 Merchantile amulet, so I've reloaded the game and found myself in the beginning of the fight with Noximanders in the cave. Well, I've killed them once more and came back to town, but game crashed when I've opened Blackwater gates (I had to close them because local priest is running all over the place and might just run out of the town if I don't try to stop him).

Going to sleep now.