Dwarf as a chosen race

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
tibun
Initiate

Dwarf as a chosen race

Post by tibun »

Would it be possible to chose dwarf as a chosen race, would be great playing one of those. I dont know how it would be ok with the lore, but I would like to see it. BTW - Played book 2 recently (new player) and LOVED IT :mrgreen: Cant wait for B3...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Dwarf as a chosen race

Post by SpottedShroom »

But Book III is going to support some level of modding. New maps are probably the most likely, but maybe we'll be able to do things like change the PC's graphic. I'd like to play as a borehead beetle, personally.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

tibun wrote:Would it be possible to chose dwarf as a chosen race, would be great playing one of those. I dont know how it would be ok with the lore, but I would like to see it. BTW - Played book 2 recently (new player) and LOVED IT :mrgreen: Cant wait for B3...
You really need to play Book I - it is a wonderful game.
Corlain
Apprentice

Post by Corlain »

The only major problem with Book 1 is the slow walking speed. It will literally make you want to throw yourself into oncoming traffic to end the pain.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Corlain wrote:The only major problem with Book 1 is the slow walking speed. It will literally make you want to throw yourself into oncoming traffic to end the pain.
Please do not mention that on these forums. The patrons will literally rip you to pieces.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

Lord_P wrote:
Corlain wrote:The only major problem with Book 1 is the slow walking speed. It will literally make you want to throw yourself into oncoming traffic to end the pain.
Please do not mention that on these forums. The patrons will literally rip you to pieces.
It sounds like a problem with certain machines. Running fullscreen on a 1920x1200 display I would have liked to slow the walk speed a bit. It was slower running it windowed.

And does "literally" have a literal meaning anymore?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

The walking was rather slow in Book I, a very frequent patron in this pub and lead-tester of the first 2 games like CrazyBernie would say the same thing.
Also now, with a slightly quicker walking speed since Book II, there will still be people who won't buy the game because there's no 'run' setting. That's just the way it is, not every design decision made with the series will appeal to everybody.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

I had no problems with how fast the character walked. In fact, I did not notice any change in speed between part I and II. I think the walking speed is quite fine and I would not like to have the option to run - not if there would not be any limitations concerning carrying weight, because a fully armoured warrior will hardly be able to run at high speed for a short distance or at moderate speed for more than a couple of minutes.

And thanks to the "teleporters" you will never have to cross the entire land when travelling from one place to another. By the way, is there not a spell which allows you to teleport without the predefined "teleport-locations"? I have never played a powerful mage, so I do not know very well about the spells, but I think I once read about such a spell... :?:
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:That would be the tier 3 Elemental spell Portal. In Book I you could use it in any location but in Book II some locations won't allow you to use the spell.
Yeah, probably too many locations in Book II (see: here, under "Map Issues"; and here)!... ;)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lord_P wrote:
I for one will only figuratively rip you to pieces.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I'm pretty sure that if I had made the animation of your character appear to be running, but the overall scrolling speed was the same, we'd get no complaints at all.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I'm pretty sure that if I had made the animation of your character appear to be running, but the overall scrolling speed was the same, we'd get no complaints at all.
:lol: The power of illusion! But then you would have a lot of people complaining about always running into traps because they cannot walk cautiously. :wink:
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

mbrowne wrote:
Lord_P wrote:
And does "literally" have a literal meaning anymore?
It certainly should. I for one, only use literally when I mean it. And I believe Lord P was referring to the sensitive subject of 'throwing yourself into oncoming traffic'. There have been some unfortunate circumstances with some members of this forum in the last 6 months.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Can i speculatively rip you to pieces? ;)

I never really noticed book I's slow walking speed, but i also havent gone back to play it again(nor have i finished book 2 yikes!! lost saves do indeed suck)

but watching that review, that pc was definitely slow. I know its never been that bad and ive had 3 pc upgrades sine book I.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.