hi there and a big huzzah! for Book III

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
eidolad
Pledge

hi there and a big huzzah! for Book III

Post by eidolad »

TLDR summary: I just buy every Eschalon game as they come out, no questions, nothing usually needed to say. Good games simply generate silently happy fans all on their own.
______

Foundational title in my rpg universe you have here.

I had no questions about the product, etc. and used to just come here to find out about the next version, find out about patches (if needed) etc.

In fact ever since the first game came out...it never even occurred to me to see if there was a forum. *nothing broke, nothing to add, happy with the vision, scope, and achievement*

But after some truly horrible game launches in my recent memory: (Sword of the Stars 2, X4 Rebirth, etc.) I felt a slight need to just make a post to let the devs/community know about yet another happy non-lurker.

I don't hold back to tell people when a title sucks. There is a distinct lack of suck-age here.

Games (products) that are fun by design, work pretty much as expected, *stay within the means to be successful and don't get out of scope*, get better with each version.....

(that item above with the stars...this is killing an increasing number of titles it appears, one way or the other. one bad move in a series game, and there just may be no more of that game. doesn't seem like much until it happens...to your favorite game)

It's a rare thing....but even before I see the first game screen...I know I'll luv it.

My spiritual avatar raises a sword to the dawn and cries Challenge at the evil hordes!

Shameless bachelor Valentine reference...if I was a dude with a chick...said chick would be laughing her azz off reading that last message. She would then point out that a) the dawn is not evil and b) Eschalon III hasn't even come out yet...the bad dudes may be coming from the West, you dolt and c) a charged Type II hand phaser is always superior to a (big phallic) sword. http://www.phasers.net/2260/type2.htm

She would then need a (pleasantly painful) education (with appropriate punishment and rewards) that anyone who encountered E. Gary Gygax' creation early in life...

...has a warrior soul.
AtheneWins
Initiate

Re: hi there and a big huzzah! for Book III

Post by AtheneWins »

Was any of this English? Made zero sense.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: hi there and a big huzzah! for Book III

Post by Lord_P »

I think he is Yoda.