Stuck - looking for a clue

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
mbrowne
Steward

Re: Stuck - looking for a clue

Post by mbrowne »

sjaffe wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
sjaffe wrote: 3. The Meaning of the Note - from what I can tell looking at other boards, I need a book to complete this quest that is nowhere to be found. If true, this is bad design - anything that is needed to complete a question should not be a random appearance item - it should always be available.
This book can be found very near where you'll need to use it, though I had also found it randomly and sold it prior to getting to this point.
Well from reading other boards, I know the name of the book. I've not seen it anywhere. I've been to every shop that sells books that I can reach - Rockhammer, Moonrise, and the woman near Seahaven. I haven't found it. It also doesn't seem to be anywhere near where I need to use it, unless it's on the other side of the river that's protected by those invincible sentinels.
My opinion is that it would have been better to have had the book in the house on a bookshelf with 4-5 other books. As is, it is just too far afield and found way after it's needed and maybe not recognized for what it is.
kelticpete
Council Member

Re: Stuck - looking for a clue

Post by kelticpete »

I have to say that when I saw the quest for that I had already been spoilered because I was looking for info about trainers. so can't say what I would have done. but given that it is pretty esoteric, if you had not found the book yet, there is no innate logic to thinking that the snows of may would refer to a book or text.

my first thought is that one might need to ask around about it. I think that would make the most sense. to goto places like a temple or vendors or other named PC and ask around.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!