any news?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
bargeral
Initiate

any news?

Post by bargeral »

Should I be worried that the beta testers forum only has 6 topics?

And how about a new screenshot or seven?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

That just means there's no bugs! :wink: No, seriously we haven't had an internal test for about 6 weeks, and the last time we did most of the team ended up communicating via Skype & email instead of posting in the forum. I only used the forum to update the team on fixes.

The game is coming along nicely....right now we're all about building content, then testing, then balancing and creating more content. Trust us- we are here working on the game six days a week, 12 hours a day! We're just a little timid to give a solid release date yet.

New screenies should be coming soon.
corwin
Apprentice

Post by corwin »

Good to hear. As you probably have heard by now, the entire editorial staff of RPGDot have left the site to establish a new site called RPGWatch, even though we're cross-posting news items for a short transitional period. Please come and check us out since we hope to help publicise this game in the near future!! Find us at: www.rpgwatch.com
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Great to hear. Even seeing new screenshots makes the waiting bareable..sort of. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Looks around, hummm...
Nothing new here yet..not even a screenshot. SIGH!

:cry:

:lol:

Just thought I'd post something to stir things up, its been days since anything was posted.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

It's a bit like a graveyard around here. Though in true fantasy RPG sense it contains zombies..

Screeeeeeeenn shooooooootssss... scrrrrreeeeeeeeeeen shooooooooots..
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
corwin
Apprentice

Post by corwin »

Yes, it would certainly be nice to get an update. Guys, please give me a call sometime re an article for the Watch!!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

It's awesome to see how eager everyone is for more info on the game!! We promise an official update really soon with some screenshots.

Trust us: we are working very, very hard six days a week on this game. We ran about 6 months longer on engine development than what we originally scheduled due to features being added that were not originally planned. The creation of content was thusly delayed due to the engine delay. So, here we are, still working our asses off! :) There’s no possible way that you people want to play this game more than we want to finish it, but we have to do it right! We will sell no wine before its time.

As always, thanks to everyone for your support. It means everything to us! And thanks to Corwin/RPG Watch for the coverage. We’ll be in touch with you soon to do another feature.
corwin
Apprentice

Post by corwin »

Great guys, we'll be happy to give you lots of coverage. Hopefully it will help us build our new site too!!
myriac
Initiate

Post by myriac »

i believe & know that this game will be the best and enjoyable and sublime crpg of all times indeed !!! coz it consits of all great rpgz' taste.

all i am curious about is when we will taste it or in other words ; will it be published in 2006 ?

pls holy creators of this holy game , just give this clue us at least ....
bargeral
Initiate

Post by bargeral »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:...Trust us: we are working very, very hard six days a week on this game. ....
Only six!! The outrage!! Lazy bums, get on it. LOL - I am kidding of course, thanks for the post and looking forward to the next official update. :D
gragnak
Senior Steward

SOME INFO PLEASE!!!!!!

Post by gragnak »

Ehi DEVS!
Ok.
I know you probably are playing NWN 2 at late night and working on Eschalon the rest of the day, but can we know if there's something new on schedule?
Can we hope to find your game under the Christmas tree?
And I'd like to see some new screen and get some new info about the game develpoment.

Now, before someone flames me, I know you're working hard and I don't want to push you. I'm only curious and curiosity, you know, is the first perk of any good adventurer.

Please stay with us on the planet Earth every 1 month at least. I know you all prefer to roam the fantasy world you are creating.... but think to us mortals forced to live "normal" lifes in this dull reality (and here the hero assumes a dramatic posture).
furor vincit omnia
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Hey gragnak!

We're here...actually, we skipped getting NWN2 for now and we just work on E:B1 day and night. :wink:

New screenshots are coming very, very soon. Promise!
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Weeelll.. ok..

*puts down his pitchfork and torch... for now*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Still here

We've received a few emails over the past week asking us if the project is still on course because we've been so quiet lately. Yes, definitely, we are still working full-time, non-stop on the game! :D

Thanks for the kind words and offers of help and encouragement. Every time we read a great post or email it makes all the crazy hours worth it!

We will have a bit of a website redesign coming up soon (nothing "big", just a revamp to start the new year off fresh).