Stuck: Cannot get onto 2nd level at Shadowmirk anymore

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
gryphonent
Pledge

Stuck: Cannot get onto 2nd level at Shadowmirk anymore

Post by gryphonent »

I've been playing Eschalon Book I for a while now and truly enjoyed the experience. Having said that, due to business, I cannot find much time to play and therefore my quests were solved in a less linear way. Having been to Shadowmirk early in the game I'm now told that I've to go back there and talk to the head wizard. Easy, been there, done that... or so I thought. While I was able to buy a healing elixir to put into the first chest, I cannot find the required potion ogre strength that goes into the second chest. See, once I was up there I just took them back and used/sold them. However, no shop seems to have the ogre strength and I've looked around for a while now and cannot seem to find any barrel or chest I've not already looted. I thought of doing some alchemy, but unfortunately, I encounter the same problem with finding the required ingredients to mix (Bromine I think was one of it).

How can I get onto the second level now? Please help!
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Stuck: Cannot get onto 2nd level at Shadowmirk anymore

Post by dare49devil »

-Keep checking for Bromine from the vendors every 7 game days. They reset.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Stuck: Cannot get onto 2nd level at Shadowmirk anymore

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

On "stock reset" the alchemy vendor in Border Town ALWAYS has Bromine and Jelly Fungus. Just camp and kill for a few "days" if you don't feel like wandering further right now before solving the next part of the main quest.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.