Mac Book I Launching on Steam

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Mac Book I Launching on Steam

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Eschalon: Book I for Mac is launching on Steam in the next day or two. This Steam release is made with a brand new compile of the 1.05 source code.

That means anyone who has glitchy graphics with our version should try out the Steam release. The newer compile means it works great on MacOS 10.6.3.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Palog
Marshall

Re: Mac Book I Launching on Steam

Post by Palog »

Interesting so Book I will be another Steamplay in the new Steamplay coming coming next Wednesday it tomorrow?

I wonder if you support Steamcloud and made it compatible Mac/PC?
Warchief
Pledge

Post by Warchief »

Hi there. I'm using Book 1 on 10.6.3 and would like a properly working version. Is it possible to get a new download link for the re-compiled v1.05 or is it only available on Steam for now? Being a mac user I'm quite new to steam, (signed up to get Portal for free) but I'd prefer to have a copy not tied to their client.

Although I purchased the full game in Jan. (direct from your site) I never had chance to finish it before upgrading to 10.6.3. If this is possible I'll email my purchase info directly to get the link.

Cheers, and thanks for the fix!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We will get around to re-compiling a new version, but we are swamped at the moment. After Book II for Mac and Linux are released next week, we will have the time to get a new version of Book I compiled.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
RangerRob
Pledge

Post by RangerRob »

Great news, will Book II be released on Steam next week?
Warchief
Pledge

Post by Warchief »

Thanks BW. I had glanced through some of the other support threads before posting, but I didn't realize that the game still works fine in fullscreen after the launch menu. I only tried it in windowed, and assumed that my 8600M was more severely affected than other cards. Fullscreen only is good enough until you have time to re-compile.

I keep hearing how 10.6.4 is going to have lots of graphics driver changes (maybe Starcraft 2 will finally have acceptable performance on mac?), so hopefully no updates to Book 1/2 will be required when its released.