Can lanterns be refilled?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Sajen
Apprentice

Can lanterns be refilled?

Post by Sajen »

I bought a lantern and its a good upgrade from the torch, brighter light and over a wider area, but it ran out of oil. Can it be replenished and if so how?

I tried repairing it but that doesn't work. If it's useless after running out of oil then its a spendy item for only being a one time use and not worth it.
dundonalddub
Senior Steward

Re: Can lanterns be refilled?

Post by dundonalddub »

You have to buy lamp oil and wicks and use them in your potions maker.
dundonald
iamrichard
Steward

Post by iamrichard »

Sajen wrote:I bought a lantern and its a good upgrade from the torch, brighter light and over a wider area, but it ran out of oil. Can it be replenished and if so how?

I tried repairing it but that doesn't work. If it's useless after running out of oil then its a spendy item for only being a one time use and not worth it.
use oil as an alchemy with lamp and wicks
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Humm, that's odd, when I camped lamp was refilled. Blacksmiths can 'repair' lanterns for a small fee (less than bottle of oil and a wick) AND if you have repair skill you somehow can refill your empty lantern while camping. I figured you found some oily plant and squeezed the life/oil out of it. :roll: At least it does for me as I run the pre-release Mac version I used during beta testing.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Dragonlady wrote:Humm, that's odd, when I camped lamp was refilled. Blacksmiths can 'repair' lanterns for a small fee (less than bottle of oil and a wick) AND if you have repair skill you somehow can refill your empty lantern while camping. I figured you found some oily plant and squeezed the life/oil out of it. :roll: At least it does for me as I run the pre-release Mac version I used during beta testing.
It's not supposed to be that way... ;)
Sajen
Apprentice

Post by Sajen »

Hopefully I can do this without having the alchemy skill? I have enough skills to worry about training up as it is...
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

No alchemy knowledge is required
SK36
Pledge

Post by SK36 »

Whenever i try to mix the lantern with lamp oil and a wick it explodes and say be careful what you mix...... dose not matter what order i do it in..... really annoying....
EDIT Oh this is for book 2, iam playing book 3 ^^; ....