Bug while being stunned?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rowanas
Council Member

Re: Bug while being stunned?

Post by Rowanas »

I thought the picture looked like wonder woman, which is not what you look like :D

As much as I would like to respond to all the rest of the things you've said, I'm going to, for the first time ever (shocked gasping and fainting ladies) try to rerail a thread.

Back to the topic! It's a discussion of the stunned bug, and perhaps the paralysis effect of the necromancer's area (needs more study).
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Ugh. Yeah, I think I've gone too far, yet again. I suppose I should've just taken the joke and rolled with it. :roll:

(By the way: I guess it's time, then, finally, to change my avatar. And I thought my avatar was so perfect . . . but . . . really, I can't go around looking like Wonder Woman, now can I?) :|

Okay, then, back to topic. I like the Boreheads. Their skill and their weaknesses are reasonably well-balanced, I think: the powerful stun technique mixed with really slow movement. Yes. Cool.

Only thing I wish is that they were notably smaller and much more numerous (and thus, as a bonus: harder to hit by bow); not as small as termites of course, obviously obviously much bigger, but maybe about half the size of a dwarf. Still a beetle-like creature (I think that's great), but a big, huge, half-dwarf-sized beetle rather than a gargantuan one whose size seems to imply that, while they're not busy battling Godzilla, they outright demolish places, really quickly, instead of just eating up the foundations like termites do -- which makes me wonder why, unless they were created by some crazed wizard (hey, it happens sometimes, in some games), they haven't already destroyed every town in Mistfell, Barrea and Amireth. :?

In other words: instead of being identified as monsters they should be identified as a pest -- and an essentially ineradicable one, at that. The most we should be able to do is help the situation to the best of our ability, not destroy every borehead in Eschalon.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Hmm... I think you may be right, Eschalon has been missing out on swarms of creatures. Camping is the only time you're going to see more than five of anything at once (if BW hadn't set the encounter rate so low), and I think the Goliath Boreheads could've been perfect for the role of swarm. Would need a name change, though.

P.S. Evnissyen, cheers for the chat. It took much of my self control not to carry on :D
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rowanas wrote:P.S. Evnissyen, cheers for the chat. It took much of my self control not to carry on :D
Hey, cool . . . I think this might very well be the first time -- at least in my recent memory -- that somebody's actually thanked me for posting a long, rambling commentary about underwear!

(Actually, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little. Once in a very long while somebody will happen to be interested in what I have to say . . . but I think most of the time I just go on and on way too long and I guess I should probably start learning at what point I should just shut up. :| )

But at any rate, it was cool talking to somebody else who appreciates perversion! At least that made me briefly (no pun intended) happy. :D
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Evnissyen wrote:
Rowanas wrote: But at any rate, it was cool talking to somebody else who appreciates perversion!
The people I hang around with would blow your mind... :D

What? No! Off topic! Back to topic! Bad Evnissyen! Worse Rowan!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rowanas wrote:What? No! Off topic! Back to topic! Bad Evnissyen! Worse Rowan!
Actually, we are on topic. The Borehead subject has sort've been exhausted by now, so now we're talking about different "bugs while being stunned".
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Mwhehehee, fairynuff (the spelling is an affectation, I know it's not actually spelt like that).

What's up with the name change? Did you think that he Ev was a barrier between you and the fans? (Bonus points to whoever gets the reference).
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rowanas wrote:What's up with the name change? Did you think that he Ev was a barrier between you and the fans? (Bonus points to whoever gets the reference).
The answer is here.

Didn't get the reference, though. Oh, well.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

It all becomes clear now!