Edwin bug

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
thomasareed
Pledge

Edwin bug

Post by thomasareed »

For some reason, Edwin (the guy in Port Kuudad who gives the spider extermination quest) got mad at me. I've noticed a few other people on these boards with the same problem, and they've all assumed he somehow saw them commit a crime. Well, I know I didn't commit a crime, because I'm trying to play as a goody-goody! The only thing I can think is that I tried the door behind him, but declined picking the lock... that should not be a crime, though!

I followed some advice here and hit him with a charm potion, but then things got weirder... when I hit him, it said he had seen me commit a crime (so he must not have already), then said he was charmed, and he started attacking himself!!! I restored from a save and tried throwing the potion on the ground next to him instead, and once the potion wore off, that worked. (Of course, I had to cheat myself some alchemy skill and 750 extra gp so I could make the charm potion, since I couldn't find one...)

So, I think there are some serious bugs with Edwin!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Edwin bug

Post by Painted Lady »

thomasareed wrote:For some reason, Edwin (the guy in Port Kuudad who gives the spider extermination quest) got mad at me. (snip) The only thing I can think is that I tried the door behind him, but declined picking the lock...
I had the same thing happen when I tried the door. I guess he is just really, really touchy.....