(Book II Mod) Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

(Book II Mod) Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open

Post by raverdave2k »

I've been playing with xolotl's map editor again and have made a little mod that opens up the tower in Port Kuudad with a couple of floors to explorer and a custom weapon in there to find.

To install just extract the zipfile below into your save game folder, for me using the steam version on Windows 7 this was "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Basilisk Games\Book 2 Saved Games\" and then the appropriate slot.

Latest Version: v1.07 (See attachment)

CAUTION

While this mod can be installed and used with an existing character please be aware that the Port Kuudad map will be reset to it's default state.

This will have the following side effects:
  • If Citizen Writ has already been presented you will no longer beable to access Port Kuudad using this method.
  • If you have already opened the archives in Lockston Hall you will not be able to enter that area anymore.
  • All containers in the map will be reset to there default content so move anything you don't want to loose.
[/size][/color]

Enjoy :)

Updates (Previous versions avaliable here)

21/4/12 - v1.07 - Fixed infinite item bug that occured with most of the custom items in the tower.
22/3/12 - v1.06 - Fixed stoves in basement causing crash when clicked.
22/3/12 - v1.05 - Fixed problem with wardrobes in bedroom causing crash.
11/2/12 - v1.04 - Fixed corruption of mini map display.
27/1/12 - v1.03 - Added exit to the sewers.
24/1/12 - v1.02 - Fixed some dialog.
22/1/12 - v1.01 - Added additional custom weapons for each category.
Attachments
Port_Kuudad_Tower_v1.07.zip
(111.47 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
Last edited by raverdave2k on June 30th, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 19 times in total.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: (Book II Mod) Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open

Post by raverdave2k »

Just done another run through of this myself and found a few bugs that I'll be looking to fix this afternoon.

The main one being and food items I've placed within the tower are not currently editable despite showing the option to consume when highlighted.

The rest are really just typo's.

Worth noting that this is really supposed to be incorparated into a new game, if you put this into a save game in which you have alredy entered Port Kuudad then then the gate will have reclosed and the guards will not give the option to present your citizens writ again so you will have to use the sewers or invisibility potion methods of entering the town. If you had not previously entered with a citizens writ then you will be able to use it as normal to enter.
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Just uploaded two updated versions at once.

v1.02 - Changes any mention of Councillor to Chancellor to match some built in dialog and also add's an exit from the tower into the sewers.

v1.03 - I though maybe just having a custom sword would be unfair to all those who play different classes to I have now added a custom weapon for Sword, Bow, Cleaving, Bludgeoning, Thrown and Unarmed Combat.

Do you think I should add some goodies for those playing a mage or does having six weapons to sell make up for that?

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Good job raverdave!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Thanks BW, looking forward to seeing what tools you ship out with Book 3 so I can really start playing :D

KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I'm also very much looking forward to a toolset, but if I'm correct release of that is not to be expected with the first release of Book III, but later.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Thats all right, will give us a a chance to enjoy a couple of play throughs of the game itself first and then get some ideas together.

IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

raverdave2k wrote:Thats all right, will give us a a chance to enjoy a couple of play throughs of the game itself first and then get some ideas together.
Actually, I already have a few ideas - the bigger issue is whether I'll ever actually have time to put map/mods together... :?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Thats the one benefit to being unemployed, I've got all the time in the world which is both :D and :evil:

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

raverdave2k wrote:Thats the one benefit to being unemployed, I've got all the time in the world which is both :D and :evil:
It is, in fact, how Basilisk Games came to be.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

Looking forward to this. I'm about 2/3 of the way done with a charachter now. Do I understand correctly that you start a new charachter and then save the game and then copy the mod files to the saved game folder? The mod will then transfer to subsequent saved games for that charachter.?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Yes thats right, create your character and save the game, quite back to the main menu then copy the files in and reload.

The reload step is important as the maps / character file are stored in a temp folder when running and that folder is copiedto the appropriate slot each time you hit save which would delete the mod files if you didn't reload first.

ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

Thanks for confirming. I'm usually pretty good at misunderstansing directions.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Ah, more fun stuff that I've missed! Looks like I've got some fresh runs of Eschalon to look forward to. Great job, looking forward to playing around with your mods!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Just uploaded version 1.04 which fixes the corrupted display of the mini map when in the new / edited maps.

Anyone already playing can just copy the .opq files from the archive into there save slot to fix the problem, the .map and .ent files do not need to be changed.