(Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: (Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

munster,
where are the Key Pieces? I found them once but never again, despite going throught the whole thing several times.
Thanks
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Kreador Freeaxe,
He does state that one can use an existing character. So, maybe that neeeds to be changed.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:Kreador Freeaxe,
He does state that one can use an existing character. So, maybe that neeeds to be changed.
I have now updated the warnings on both mods.
GChrisSfish21 wrote:munster,
where are the Key Pieces? I found them once but never again, despite going throught the whole thing several times.
Thanks
House south of Broken Blade, follow the blood :)
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

For the key pieces, head south-east out of Broken Blade (as you walk, keep the water on the right of the screen) until you come to a small graveyard with a tombstone for John Coppertree, founder of Broken Blade. There is a large house there (a big fence around it), and inside you will find a smashed chest on the floor and that holds the key pieces.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

raverdave, you forgot to mention that when the Broken Blade map re-sets, so do the Goliath Boreheads.

Goodness me, was I surprised as I innocently strolled along, looking for the gate to fit the key!
:wink:
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Yes! Mwahahaha! I did it!

Found the Durnore gate (by examining every single rock in the mountain wall, I swear) and then made my way to the Great Northern Plain and found the gap in the rocks there (again, searched every single rock and then stumbled into opening by accident).

Found the Orakur Vault, used the rings, spoke to the guard, loaded up on loot! :D

raverdave, thanks for your mods. They were marvellous (though I swear, the Treasure of the Orakur one nearly did for me because you really do need to have great attention to detail) and now all I have to do is wait for Book III of Eschalon to come out.

Any chance of another mod in the meantime? :P
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Congratulations on completing :)
munster wrote:Yes! Mwahahaha! I did it!

Found the Durnore gate (by examining every single rock in the mountain wall, I swear) ...
I actually felt when I did it that the passage was not hidden enough :twisted:
munster wrote:...and then made my way to the Great Northern Plain and found the gap in the rocks there (again, searched every single rock and then stumbled into opening by accident).
There is actually a subtle hint to the correct location if you look really hard, just to check did you have to do something to get past or did you find a place you could just walk through?
munster wrote:raverdave, thanks for your mods. They were marvellous (though I swear, the Treasure of the Orakur one nearly did for me because you really do need to have great attention to detail) and now all I have to do is wait for Book III of Eschalon to come out.

Any chance of another mod in the meantime? :P
Glad you've enjoyed them and I appreciate the feedback, I'm working on a little something for Fallout 3 at the moment but once thats done, I'll turn my attention back to Eschalon and see what I can come up with (suggestions welcome)
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

did you have to do something to get past or did you find a place you could just walk through?
I saw a gap blocked by a tree and I thought "Aha! Time for a powder keg!" but it did nothing, then just a couple of paces further on, I found a gap I was able to walk through.

If you intended that, congratulations, it was fiendish :evil:

If you didn't, then it's just that I'm an idiot :oops:
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

munster wrote:
did you have to do something to get past or did you find a place you could just walk through?
I saw a gap blocked by a tree and I thought "Aha! Time for a powder keg!" but it did nothing, then just a couple of paces further on, I found a gap I was able to walk through.

If you intended that, congratulations, it was fiendish :evil:

If you didn't, then it's just that I'm an idiot :oops:
You were actually on the right track with your first thought, I have just upped another version which seals the gap you used and adds a prompt to help find the right spot.

By the way if your looking for something else to do have you seen my Book I mod?

munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Yes indeed, played the Book I mod and enjoyed it immensely (thanks for all the surprises with the spiders :shock: )

You wouldn't believe how excited I was to be able to get into a boatto cross over to Aridell Island (I'm easily entertained) :D

I'd love if the option of boat travel turned up in Book III but I suppose, since it's going to be set in jungle lands(?), that won't happen - unless there is going to be travel down/up rivers?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

munster wrote:I'd love if the option of boat travel turned up in Book III but I suppose, since it's going to be set in jungle lands(?), that won't happen - unless there is going to be travel down/up rivers?
We'll START in a jungle in Book III, but that doesn't mean that the whole adventure will take place in jungle. In fact, I'm thinking we're going to be doing a lot of traveling in the final adventure.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

a little oddity here:

ruby key or at least by the text seems to open 2 doors
to sapphire and to ruby

the text says ruby key opens the door for both of them
durnore & broken blade

not sure if it is actually using or checking for the key since I had them all when I used the doors. it is possible it is just a text trigger error?

also i am a bit confused in the next phase after getting all the rings. I found the circular indentation on the ground where I assumed placing a keg would work yet if I place it on that spot the keg simply vanishes.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

sapientCrow wrote:a little oddity here:

ruby key or at least by the text seems to open 2 doors
to sapphire and to ruby

the text says ruby key opens the door for both of them
durnore & broken blade
That sounds like I forgot to change the word Ruby to Sapphire when I copied and pasted the sentence.
sapientCrow wrote: also i am a bit confused in the next phase after getting all the rings. I found the circular indentation on the ground where I assumed placing a keg would work yet if I place it on that spot the keg simply vanishes.
You are right about what you need to, just checked with the latest version of that map and all seems to be working as it should so I'm not sure what to tell you there.

If it seems to be persisting for you, perhaps you could take a screen shot to make sure were onabout the right spot and perhaps send me a zip of your save game slot so I can investigate further.

sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

ok I am going to go grab the 5 kegs I saved up and see if all 5 of them do it
thanks for responding

edit:
ok If I drop the keg next to the actual indentation on the ground it works. however if I place the barrel directly on the indentation all 5 kegs just vanish.
I can send you my save game if you like?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Right after having a look at SC's saved games it appears the map that I tested on the other day was not the latest one.

When put out 1.03 which was primarily to fix a gap in the wall I also made said mark on the ground a "Teleport / Trap / Trigger" in order to provide an audible clue and message, unfortunately it appears placing a Power Keg on such a tile has the effect above.

Luckily changing it to a proximety tile has allowed me to keep the 'clues' and has fixed the dissapearing keg problem, I've also changed that final map a bit, there are now a lot more trees and some enemies to make finding your final goal a bit harder :twisted:

Version 1.04 now up with the fix / changes.