Busy Busy Busy

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Busy Busy Busy

Post by CrazyBernie »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated the giveaway page. Been pretty busy with work. Doesn't help that we've got this lovely COVID-19 mess all up in our business. And working in Healthcare IT... no time to stop, even after corporate cut everyone's pay by 20%

I'll do my best to update the thread this weekend. Because if we need anything while being stuck at home, it's MOAR GAMES! Mayhap someone could try a new game, branch out into a new genre... or just grab some gifts for friends... ^_^

P.S. I wouldn't make any hasty choices before I update... :twisted:
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Busy Busy Busy

Post by blatherbeard »

Man that sucks D... about the pay. YOu'd think youd get a temp raise for hazard pay. I feel for ya brother as someone who is essential(not in healthcare).

Hugs and love, stay safe and thanks for what you do, here and in the real world.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

My wife works lab services technical support on the programming side. She's been VERY busy, too. I'm in an essential business, helping to make sure all you people get the stuff you order since you can't go get it yourselves much anymore. Not a shock that we're also very busy.

Definitely been using much of my time off to wander into other worlds, since this one is getting very tiring.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Funny thing is, even though we're part of "essential services" they still closed our corporate office. With everyone transitioning to WFH it's creating far more work and headaches. Duh. It's also tough to get any work done with the kids staying at home as well. So... Paycut-More-Work-Less-Time. No stress at all... :roll:

One of my guys is still driving to the office to deal with physical stuff, like imaging workstations and shipping/receiving... he's got it easy - not a soul in the building to bother him. Usually it's tech-support drive-by's all day long.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

About 3 weeks confined here (in France). We "work" using corporation VPN, whenever the kid lets us :D
By the way she discovered World of Goo this morning which I won here in 2014 and she really likes it.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

I'm 'essential' so not only am I going to work every day, my hours have actually increased. At least I get an extra $2/hr for hazard pay. My roommate, meanwhile, was furloughed and has about a month of sick leave saved up.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

i LIKE THE ARK IN ARKAS