Welcome to the new Website!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Octulus
Pledge

Re: Welcome to the new Website!

Post by Octulus »

I see you added some gfx to the web page background. Looks industrial! I like! But ummmm...what is the text at the very bottom of the page about? 8) You had to have added it within the last 2 days.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Octulus wrote:I see you added some gfx to the web page background. Looks industrial! I like! But ummmm...what is the text at the very bottom of the page about? 8) You had to have added it within the last 2 days.
Fascinating. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

SpottedShroom wrote:Looks like the forum lost the ability for users to set a different theme, which is a shame. I'll also reiterate a request from long ago for RSS support, which would mitigate the theme thing a bit since I wouldn't have to spend as much time on the actual site.
I turned on alternate themes. If anyone here sees a horrible, plain blue/white theme now, you can change it to "Black" in your User Control Panel.

Also turned on Atom Feeds. Not....sure...how it works. If someone who uses it can confirm it's working, that'd be helpful.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:How come you've removed your address on the About Us page?
Snail mail is so 20th century. :wink:

The Post Box we had was just a repository for junk mail. All of our legal forms come via email, and sales income is wire deposited into our bank. We just don't need a formal mailing address, especially since we don't send physical DVD copies of our games anymore.
You must be backwards compatible with all previous communication formats. Otherwise the carrier pigeons won't have a place to land. Where would the stone tablets go? :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: I turned on alternate themes. If anyone here sees a horrible, plain blue/white theme now, you can change it to "Black" in your User Control Panel.
Sure, "horrible."
Also turned on Atom Feeds. Not....sure...how it works. If someone who uses it can confirm it's working, that'd be helpful.
Looks good, thanks!
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

© 2016 Basilisk Games -- Are you down here looking for a secret? Good job! Check back later and you will be rewarded.
So when do we have to stop checking? Next year? :wink:
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
© 2016 Basilisk Games -- Are you down here looking for a secret? Good job! Check back later and you will be rewarded.
So when do we have to stop checking? Next year? :wink:
Heh, probably.

Things are insanely busy here in the studio. We're working long hours, early morning to late at night.

Our project goals have shifted... :wink: Although the "next RPG" has been in the works for years (and continues to be!), I've always toyed with experimental side projects. I'm currently putting a lot of resources into one of these side projects.

RPG development is a huge endeavour. Unless you reuse 90% of your resources from a previous project, making a new RPG from scratch can take a big team many years... and we are not a big team. I have not been shy about mentioning that Basilisk would consider releasing other (non-RPG) games to add to our revenue stream. This brings us back to this "side project" which has floating around on my workstation for over 2 years. After implementing some new elements, it has evolved into something cool- a game that I (and people I am working with) feel it is worth putting additional resources into now.

I can't say more about it, as I've already said more that I should have. But yes, we'll definitely have some big announcements in early 2017.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Things are insanely busy here in the studio. We're working long hours, early morning to late at night.
Just remember what you posted back in 2014 and don't hurt yourself.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Things are insanely busy here in the studio. We're working long hours, early morning to late at night.
Just remember what you posted back in 2014 and don't hurt yourself.
Thank you for your concern PM! I appreciate it, and yes, I am living a more healthy work schedule by taking frequent breaks, healthier meals, and not working over weekends.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

so as long as you dont turn into the game co that decided apps are beter co ill be ok

cauese quite honesly apps are cute but they arent fucking games, there money holes.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

blatherbeard wrote:so as long as you dont turn into the game co that decided apps are beter co ill be ok

cauese quite honesly apps are cute but they arent fucking games, there money holes.
:D No worries. I am not planning to ever make an "app". I considered it a while back, but that market has suffocated under it's own weight years ago.

We will always be a computer game company first, focusing on Windows, Linux and Mac using mouse + keyboard controls. Console ports are possible since we're using Unity now, though nothing I am currently designing is with a console in mind.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

What is a transmittion? :wink:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:What is a transmittion? :wink:
Huh?? Oh..
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

It seems obvious with the background and text but is ZATMOS the title of the sci-fi RPG in production?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:It seems obvious with the background and text but is ZATMOS the title of the sci-fi RPG in production?
I'm going to put together a short Q&A style post about our next game sometime in the next few weeks. But to answer your question now: no.