The King Of Old Here?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
ttomm46
Senior Steward

The King Of Old Here?

Post by ttomm46 »

January of next year I'll be 70.....Old for a gamer? :shock:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: The King Of Old Here?

Post by Randomizer »

Only if you can't see the computer screen. I saw one guy on another site want more iPad/tablet games since he could bring the screen in as close as he needed to with his bad eyesight.

There was another guy about your age who was hiding his gaming addiction from his children who were doctors. So he only posted for a few days. :)
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

Too old to like games is like too old to like boobs (sorry for the male-driven paradigm) :lol:
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I don't think with card games or dominoes people ever raised the question of being too old for a game.
Do we just like to invent new taboos here? :|
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Nope! I'm only a few years younger than you and I love gaming. I can no longer do fast reflex games due to arthritis in the hands. But, turn based games are still great and also my favorites.

Enjoy gaming for as long as you can. :mrgreen:

Ron
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

vdweller wrote:Too old to like games is like too old to like boobs (sorry for the male-driven paradigm) :lol:
Gender conformity stereotyping
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I do RPG's and Paradox grand strategy games now even though the latter tax my brain.. :D
ferretgrandpa
Initiate

Post by ferretgrandpa »

The day I retired was a great day, I could play my games all I wanted too. Another great day was last August when I had my cataracts removed and could see again!
I'll quit gaming three days after I die, providing I win the game, (and I'll still like pretty girls)
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

I'm actually glad to see there are older people who enjoy playing games.

Som time ago I made a small fishing game. My no.1 player was my mother who at the time was around 55 years old. Also, she played the hell out of Plants vs Zombies.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Just remembered my Dad, who is now 79, had commandeered my Nintendo about 10 years ago because he liked to play Mario Bros. lol
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

You make me feel young. I'll be 60 in December.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

My dad just turned 60 yesterday and he still plays FPS games on his ten year old computer. I forget which ones, as I'm an RPG player and never had any interest in FPS games. Medal of Duty or something like that. :lol: It's a really old game, as nothing newer will run on such an antique piece of hardware.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

My father passed away last month... he was only 56. I have many fond memories of long co-op gaming sessions... Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Warcraft, Starcraft, Descent, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer, Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, the list goes on for miles. Computers and gaming are what really helped me and my Dad bond, back when he wasn't around much because he worked many hours a week to provide for his family.

I bought him a new computer case only a month earlier for his birthday. I'm planning on memorializing the case in a way... I'd like to have it airbrushed with logos or characters from the games we played together, as well as a tribute to his gaming nick "LoneWolf." I might even have a pic of him laser etched on the window. Then I'll have to deck it out with the best gaming gear I can get my hands on. :twisted:

My grandparents used to have a Nintendo... they said it was for the grand-kids, but my grandmother put many hours into Dr Mario and Super Mario Brothers, while my grandfather spent an awful lot of time playing Tetris and Mario Golf. Games are good for all ages. Games that can be played with friends and family make for some of the best games. Just some, mind you... solo games are also necessary!
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

CrazyBernie wrote:My father passed away last month... he was only 56. I have many fond memories of long co-op gaming sessions... Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Warcraft, Starcraft, Descent, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer, Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, the list goes on for miles. Computers and gaming are what really helped me and my Dad bond, back when he wasn't around much because he worked many hours a week to provide for his family.

I bought him a new computer case only a month earlier for his birthday. I'm planning on memorializing the case in a way... I'd like to have it airbrushed with logos or characters from the games we played together, as well as a tribute to his gaming nick "LoneWolf." I might even have a pic of him laser etched on the window. Then I'll have to deck it out with the best gaming gear I can get my hands on. :twisted:

My grandparents used to have a Nintendo... they said it was for the grand-kids, but my grandmother put many hours into Dr Mario and Super Mario Brothers, while my grandfather spent an awful lot of time playing Tetris and Mario Golf. Games are good for all ages. Games that can be played with friends and family make for some of the best games. Just some, mind you... solo games are also necessary!

hell i thought you were older bernie ;)

hexen, doom, heretic, that brings back some memories for sure.

that case sounds like a badass idea. sorry to hear your dad was taken so early.

We have definitely missed you around here.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

So sorry to hear about your dad, CB.

I have similar experiences to yours. My dad lived and worked 1200 miles away from our family, and we only saw him one month out of the year - he would save up all his leave and take the entire month of December off. But the nature of his job meant he had many hours with not much to do, so he would take his laptop with him to work, and we would play co-op or deathmatch over the net with some of the same games... Duke Nukem 3D, Quake II, and Half-Life were our favorites. When he was home in December, we had a NES that we also played - our favs were Super Mario Bros and Gauntlet. Dad was terrible at Super Mario Bros... he liked the game, but had a hard time with the controls and figuring out the right time to jump. We had lots of laughs watching him play!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland