Apparently I am SOOOOOO dumb!

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
zengrey
Apprentice

Apparently I am SOOOOOO dumb!

Post by zengrey »

Halloo everybody! So, to cut to the chase I accidentally deleted the saved games folder out of my EB II. I went to load the game, as I wanted to run a new character through the updated material, and now it is asking me for my registration number prompt. I don't know where my registration key is! *FACEPALM*

Help? I've emptied the Trash out of my iMac since then! I am so sorry, and so dumb! :oops: :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Zen.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Apparently I am SOOOOOO dumb!

Post by xolotl »

If you ordered Book 2 through Plimus (the standard method if you order directly from basiliskgames.com) then email info@basiliskgames.com with your order details and stuff and they should be able to help you out. If you ordered via some other third party, you'll have to contact them about it.
zengrey
Apprentice

Post by zengrey »

Thank you! I don't know why getting rid of my old games would do that but thanks for yr help!

Cheers, Zen.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

zengrey wrote:Thank you! I don't know why getting rid of my old games would do that but thanks for yr help!
No problem, good luck. The main "eb2.cfg" file lives in the same dir as the savegames, and that's where it keeps your registration information. Arguably it should really be stored elsewhere, for reasons demonstrated in your post. :)
zengrey
Apprentice

Post by zengrey »

Also I just noticed that I posted this in WINDOWS support! Gah, this is not my evening!